AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating added elements in layout

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
cuervogold
926 Views, 1 Reply

Updating added elements in layout

No problem with the following:

• Built the model
  • Created positions for each element
  • Grouped ALL elements for annotation (all tutorials show grouping small sections rather than entire assemblies and annotating those small sections/individual pieces automatically, but I prefer to custom annotate the entire assembly)
  • Created additional tabs for sheets showing my construction drawings with tags, dimensions, titleblock, etc.
  • Generated and annotated blocks of the various model views in Edition Layout
  • Brought those blocks into each respective sheet for publishing

Here's the problem:

After I already created the annotated blocks, I realized I forgot a few elements in the model, so I added them and assigned them positions. However, those elements will not display in the Edition Layout tab nor the blocks in each sheet, of course. I tried selecting the elements in Object Inspector and adding them to my current Assembly group, but there is no option to do so that I have seen. There has to be some work-around for adding elements to a drawing and updating the documentation blocks tied to the model. Am I missing something? Is it the case that I am forced to create a separate assembly group (Assembly1) and create/annotate all new blocks from my new model every time I add/delete an element?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cuervogold
in reply to: cuervogold

Between my efforts and our draftsman we worked it out; turns out it was in front of us the whole time but we missed it. The different group types are significantly different. Once elements of a group are selected in the Model tab of the Object Inspector, creating a "Standard" group will place a group in the Positions tab of the Object Inspector that can be annotated with the ability to modify existing elements only (this group cannot be deleted from the Positions tab either); creating an "Assembly" group will place the group in the Model tab of the Object Inspector where a position can be assigned to it, it can be added to an existing group by right-clicking and selecting Add to Group, and it will accomodate any/all modifications you like.

Glad to have this nuisance smoothed out, and thank you, Jakub Brożonowicz, for your efforts in helping me resolve this issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips