AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Weld Labels

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
stephenjdawe
1102 Views, 11 Replies

Turn off Weld Labels

I am a new user ASD Steel with no formal training, running Building Design Suite 2013. I'm looking for a way to turn off the weld symbols/labels on the automatic drawings. The Help suggests that this can be controlled via 'Preferences' and 'Display Settings' However, when I look in the Strucutral Detailing Tab in the main Options dialogue, 'Display Settings' is not shown, see below. Am I even looking in the right place?ASD Options.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
tedmail
in reply to: stephenjdawe

Yes you are in the right place. 

select (highlight) the "bolts & welds" selection.

You can select the welds to show up as tags, full size representation, simple line, etc...  But this is for the visual effects for the working model space.  For printouts, thats a whole nuther story.

Message 3 of 12
stephenjdawe

OK, care to elaborate regarding the layout display?

Message 4 of 12
tedmail

That would be part of your dimension settings under the "ASD Drawings" tab...

Hope that helps!

Message 5 of 12
fibocad
in reply to: tedmail

Hello, Yep, I need a solution for the layout tab. I want to display the weld symbol like |  |  |  |  |  |  without the description and leader. Any ideas?

Message 6 of 12
vanvan11
in reply to: fibocad

weld view.jpg

Message 7 of 12
vanvan11

hope the image i post will help

Message 8 of 12
fibocad
in reply to: vanvan11

Hello Vanvan, tried your suggestion, and it is not solved. the changes are made only to the head of the arrow which now it is with no arrow-head but the leader and the text remain on the drawing.

don't know what you've done else that it seems like in the picture.

Message 9 of 12
vanvan11

so you miss something...

r u sure you make this in detail or cut views... and if u can take a shot and post ur steps on image

Message 10 of 12
fibocad
in reply to: vanvan11

Hi, thanks for trying to help.Smiley Happy

attached some pictures of the process.2016-04-07 (2).png2016-04-07 (2).png

Message 11 of 12
jivko.mitev

type WELDMODE and set its value to 0. This turns back the old style of "weld description style" dialog. Make necessary changes in the template file, and restore new dialog style with WELDMODE = 1:

ASD-weld-description.png

Message 12 of 12
fibocad
in reply to: jivko.mitev

Thank you

jivko.mitev, for me this problem is solved!!!! don't know why the dialog box is been minimized, are there any other fonctions you know that are minimized?

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips