AutoCAD Structural Detailing General

Valued Contributor sta
Valued Contributor
sta
Message 1 of 6 (1,254 Views)

Steel Beam to Concrete Wall Connection- Revit Export and ASD difficulties

1254 Views, 5 Replies
11-08-2012 07:54 AM

What I am trying to do is create a 3d connection of a steel beam to concrete wall. Since that can not be done in Revit I exported to ASD. So I used the SAD Revit Extension I used the "Steel Detailing Link" to get my Revit steel into ASD. The concrete walls did not show up when doing this, so I used the "Formwork Drawing links" which gave me the walls I needed. However I can not figure out how to combine the two to make the connection. Also when I create this connection in ASD, how do I get it back into Revit? How will it appear?

Thanks!

Valued Contributor
jorgeluisgdeaca
Message 2 of 6 (1,248 Views)

Re: Steel Beam to Concrete Wall Connection- Revit Export and ASD difficulties

11-08-2012 11:13 AM in reply to: sta
Valued Contributor sta
Valued Contributor
sta
Message 3 of 6 (1,228 Views)

11-09-2012 06:27 AM in reply to: sta

Thanks for your reply. That link does not really help as my question deals with the exporting and importing of the project. That link appears to be the next step. Unfortunately I am not very familiar with ASD and the link posted goes over my head and creates more questions. Thanks again

Valued Contributor
jorgeluisgdeaca
Message 4 of 6 (1,216 Views)

11-09-2012 12:08 PM in reply to: sta

if you are triying to create a connection of a steel structure to concrete wall  based on a exported model from revit you can't export both steel and concrete. The posted link is only to know that concrete walls must be "faked" because ASD steel module does not support concrete walls.

Valued Contributor
jorgeluisgdeaca
Message 5 of 6 (1,210 Views)

11-09-2012 01:03 PM in reply to: sta

also Revit only has one extension with four connections, if you want to have more you must to obtain/pay for them, to SDS/2 for example.

Active Contributor
talles.projetos
Message 6 of 6 (431 Views)

10-02-2013 12:06 PM in reply to: jorgeluisgdeaca

The SDS / 2 works in revit with ASD? Type 100% functional. Anyone know if it works?

Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community