AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several Questions from new

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
xaut818
648 Views, 2 Replies

Several Questions from new

I am new to study Structural Detailing. Just now I finished the module guide. Can someone help me several questions below? Thanks

1. The elevation heights are not shown. I can't remmeber I changed something about it. how to get it displayed?

2. How to add a fill plate (Just small one, 3/8" x3" x3", to fill the gap between angle bracings) at the intersection of cross bracings?

3. If I want (2) rows of bolts on angle bracing, how?? I didn't see the options.

4. To adjust the shape of plates, it's hard to drag to the right point, even I set all 2D/3D snap modes on. I use Relative coordinates to affirm. Do you have a better idea?

5. Printout template. Why I can't use the text variables except for those in project infomation tab? (see picture attached).

2.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lucis29
in reply to: xaut818

@xaut818 wrote:

I am new to study Structural Detailing. Just now I finished the module guide. Can someone help me several questions below? Thanks

1. The elevation heights are not shown. I can't remmeber I changed something about it. how to get it displayed?

2. How to add a fill plate (Just small one, 3/8" x3" x3", to fill the gap between angle bracings) at the intersection of cross bracings?

3. If I want (2) rows of bolts on angle bracing, how?? I didn't see the options.

4. To adjust the shape of plates, it's hard to drag to the right point, even I set all 2D/3D snap modes on. I use Relative coordinates to affirm. Do you have a better idea?

5. Printout template. Why I can't use the text variables except for those in project infomation tab? (see picture attached).

2.jpg

1)  You can find elevation marks in "Dimmensioning Styles" (see Atachment "Elevation mark"), or you can add it manualy. Note that it shows wrong values (decimeters instead of milimeteres).

2) Just create a plate and place it manualy. The Bracing macro doesn't have this option.

3) Manualy. It can't be done by macro. Hope for future development.

4) I set the UCS on the top/botom of the plate,  create a polyline that looks like wha I need and then drag the edges of the plate. Or you can just create the plate based on the polyline that was created earlier.

5) I don't know the answer.

Message 3 of 3
jorgeluisgdeaca
in reply to: xaut818

Remember, if you are new using ASD many things will be done manually, maybe there is no macros available.

The other way to learn is asking to users, like here. Autodesk support not always answer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips