AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinforcement of an arch?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
PSmart17
918 Views, 2 Replies

Reinforcement of an arch?

Does anyone know how I would go about adding rebar which varies in the level it is inserted at, to fit an arch whilst remaining vertical?  The reinforce 'to polyline' rotates the rebar (as shown in attachement) whilst OI want it vertical and I cannot get the 'any' distribution method to show the link in side elevation, just copies of the main sectional view.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jenyzosin
in reply to: PSmart17

Hello,

Draw the arc and then select from reinforcement elevation with select tool the your arc

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line - O.L.
Message 3 of 3
PSmart17
in reply to: jenyzosin

Thanks for the response but Im not sure I explained myself correctly (or misunderstood your reply?).  Your image showed the bars still arranged radially whilst I needed them to remain vertical and at varying levels.  Shown on the the attached is what I have managed to produced but it is not an ideal method.  Using a stepped polyline (white line at bottom of arch) I used a rebar distribution and deleted any bars which were attached horizontally leaving only those shown.  The distribution description spacing has to be overridden manually but the end result looks like what i needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips