AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project using china steel designed in australia

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Rich.O.3d
961 Views, 4 Replies

Project using china steel designed in australia

Hi,

We are working on a project in africa, designed in Australia, using Chinese steel sections. (Only steel frame for Plant, no concrete or reo)

I want to configure ASD re the template files and steel profiles.

On the general settings tab there is a space for setting the templates to use. Im only interested in the steel template.

Looking at the list for what the templates are for, there are no dwt's for Australia-Steel (RBCR-061 for Reo) the list doesnt even mention china (even though there are 2 china steel profile catalogs).

Also on the standards page of the project preferences, there are only 4 structural standards to chose from (EC3 europe, Polish, French or Russian) what About australian?

Is there anywhere that I can get appropriate templates, standards etc.?

Any other suggestions for setting up ASD to do this type of work?

Cheers

Richard.O

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
steelcadmonkey
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

Richard,

In terms of Australian templates all we did was take our standard titleblock .dwt files and insert the appropriate systems variables (See section 18.6 pg.159 & 160 in attached file) into the appropriate spaces in the title block then put it into the templates directory. Also it pays to note that most of the existing templates are mostly in fist angle projection where AS 1100 calls for third angle projection. So you will have to create your own layout templates within ASD or modify the existing ones to achieve this.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Brad.

Message 3 of 5

Sorry file too big to attach. See the ASD steel detailing manual available here

Message 4 of 5
xinxiu2010

Hi sir,

This is mandy from qingdao yiyu group and we are steel structure producer in china.

Our products contains hot dipped galvalnized steel T bar,angle bar, H beam,channel steel and so on.For more you could visit www.qdyiyu.com.or send mail to mandy@qdyiyu.com

Any problem pls feel free to let me know and it will be my pleasure to serve you.

yours

mandy

Message 5 of 5
wchops

Similarly, i'm seeking chinese steel catalog sections in ASD - can't find where they are (or if they are built in).  Is there a catalog available online somewhere for ASD ??

Cheers,
Mark.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips