AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Preferrence - dimensioning styles

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tpham2001
1494 Views, 4 Replies

Project Preferrence - dimensioning styles

Hi All,

I searched the forum on the subject and no luck.

My situation is as follow...

In Project Preferrence - Dimensioning Styles; in each category I created a style and saved (VEi...).

I lighted the style I created and hit OK (dimensioning Style dialog box), I hit SAVE (Project preferences dialog box) and then OK, but when I use the Automatic Drawing command and generate the drawing, it seems to be defaulted back the STANDARD Style. This is the case for all the Categories.

Please see attachment.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to select the style you created?

Thank-you,

Tee

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jianna
in reply to: tpham2001

Try going to the "Templates" tab in the object inspector. Then click on each view (in my case it's the cut view from Assembly 1:5), then at the bottom you should see Section Style and Detail Style. Double click on the style name (in my case "Assembly - standard), then click on the style you want it changed to.

To my knowledge, you'll have to click on each view individually in order to change the style. But perhaps someone else knows a quicker way to change them.

I attached a picture which I hope helps.

Message 3 of 5
tpham2001
in reply to: Jianna

Jianna,

Thank-you for the quick response and accompanying image; this helps a lot.

Unfortunately, this does not work for me. I seleected my style and went to execute the Automaic Drawings command and iit still giving me the defaulted style.

I noticed when I'm in the Object Inspector - template tab; when I changed the Dimension Style at the bottom for one template (ex Assembly 1:5), go to the next template (ex Assembly 1:10). But when I look back or click on Assembly 1:5 template, the Dimension Style reverted back to Standard.

Bug(s)?

Thanks again,

Tee

Message 4 of 5
Jianna
in reply to: tpham2001

I encounter the same problem when changing the scale of each view. In order for it to permanently change (at least for me) I have to hit the enter key, otherwise it changes back just like you described.

Message 5 of 5
tpham2001
in reply to: Jianna

Thank-you.

Yep, this enter thing works...

I guess its one of those...

ASD: You want to change style?

Me: Yes.

ASD: Are you sure?

Me: Yes.

ASD: Are you REALLY, REALLY sure?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips