AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plates. How to change word "plate" in tables and descriptors

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
RedNova
953 Views, 4 Replies

Plates. How to change word "plate" in tables and descriptors

Hi,

I am using English ASD 2013.

But  projects are mainly in russian.

I don't want to install Russian version, as I allways try to use only original langualge 🙂

I use Russian profile database and all describtions in tables and descriptors are in Russian.

The issue is with plates.

Whatever I try I cannot find a way to change writing "plate" into Russian, or at least just to put "-" sign istead of this word.

Resulting I have descriptors and tables using russian marking for all profiles except plates.

I would be very grateful if anyone can advice how to get rid of fo "plate".

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Delusory
in reply to: RedNova

Hey,

Maybe you can tell me, how changed all the names into Russian (or any other language for that mater)? Do you need to edit a file or what?

Message 3 of 5
RedNova
in reply to: Delusory

Hi.

See attached screen shots for what I mean.

I am manually changing the word "plate" to a dash or alternative language.

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

Message 4 of 5
Delusory
in reply to: RedNova

just in case you're still looking for an easier way of changing the "plate" prefix, go to "Project preferences" and under "General" tab, there is an option named "Nomenclature of plates" at the bottom right corner. Mark the "Overwright prefix" and type in what you would like. It seems to be working very well with the plates created by automatic connections, although I hadn't the chance to test out more.

Message 5 of 5
RedNova
in reply to: Delusory

Many thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips