AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

Olebuddy
Message 1 of 3 (417 Views)

Maximum memory exceeded

417 Views, 2 Replies
11-15-2012 12:26 PM

I have received this message mupltiple times and deleted everything but the assembly i am trying to detail in the layout. When I click on "attach document" this is the message I get. Any suggestions on what i may be able to do to finish the detailing the reamaining assemblies? Thanks.

Mentor
StefanoPasquini6790
Message 2 of 3 (386 Views)

Re: Maximum memory exceeded

11-17-2012 01:27 AM in reply to: Olebuddy

Hello,

I had the same probelm and I've solved improving my RAM. I suggest you to visit www.crucial.com and evaluate the best RAM improvement configuration for your PC.

otherwise you can generate automatic printing a little at a time, save them on their separate files and then delete them from the ASD model.

I know, this is the biggest ASD limit, the manage of the large (sometimes not too large!!!) model is very very limited, and i ask to Autodesk if in the immediate future there is something that they can do to resolve this issue.

greatings at all

PasProStudio
Structural + Detailing engineers
Valued Contributor
lucis29
Message 3 of 3 (339 Views)

Re: Maximum memory exceeded

11-21-2012 06:25 AM in reply to: StefanoPasquini6790

There is nothing they can do.

AutoCad is not optimized for 3D (large number of line and curves). It's a 25yrs old software with some improvments.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community