AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just what will this program DETAIL?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
JasonAB
1229 Views, 5 Replies

Just what will this program DETAIL?

We were looking at 3D steel detailing software for awhile and finally went with another company. However, we do as much if not more process ducting (air scrubbers, exhaust stacks, etc) than we do structural detailing.
Will this program model and detail platework without having to manipulate for hours? Which is exactly what the "other" company's software requires. It's possible, but extremely difficut.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cgimpel
in reply to: JasonAB

ASD is able to do plates as well as structural steel. The plates are easily modified. (Cutting, bending, etc.) You can also make a plate to fit any contour you can make using polylines. Hope this helps.
Message 3 of 6
sebastianpop

Is this software able to do 3D concrete detailing ? like Tekla.

Thanks in advance!
Message 4 of 6
hulela

Hi, I just poped in to your discussion and got interested in the topic, we have just purchased the copy of ASD 2010 and we do more strucuture detailing, sometime I have to to a Tank, How do u bend a plate? I still find it deficult to make bent plate. is there a quicker way of doing it?
Message 5 of 6
cgimpel

First off, as soon as possible, update to ASD 2011. There are many issues in 2010 that are corrected in 2011. To bend a plate, first draw the plate in the flat layout. Then go to ASD - Model > Machining > Bent Plate and follow the prompts to bend the plate. To do a rolled plate, create a profile of the cross section of the plate and then go to bent profiles. Draw a polyline of the radial path to create the rolled plate. Hope this helps.
Message 6 of 6
richardlriedel
in reply to: cgimpel

Having real trouble with this bending plate operation, I follow the prompts and it keeps telling me it does not intersect plate#1 ARGHHHHH please help...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips