AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

Contributor
derrick.lambrecht
Message 1 of 5 (266 Views)

Identical parts with different postitions

266 Views, 4 Replies
04-10-2013 04:51 AM

Please find the attached pdf for example. I am finding that a lot of parts that are identical but yet they are being given a different postition(s). Is there a way to change the postitions identity? Or is there a way to prevent this so i can minimize the number of parts that have to be detailed?

Active Contributor
Delvin.Ramassami
Message 2 of 5 (226 Views)

Re: Identical parts with different postitions

04-12-2013 12:15 AM in reply to: derrick.lambrecht

Yes when autoposition :- In the additional tab Ensure that identify Identical part is TICKED

See annex snapshoot ..

jmco7512
Message 3 of 5 (212 Views)

04-12-2013 01:45 PM in reply to: Delvin.Ramassami

It only says "identify parts", not "identify identical parts".

jmco7512
Message 4 of 5 (209 Views)

04-12-2013 01:54 PM in reply to: derrick.lambrecht

The best solution I have found to identify mismatched parts is to use the "manual" positioning. I select the parts that SHOULD be identical and then click on "assign position" in lieu of "autoposition". If the parts are NOT identical, then I start matching up the parts that are identical using the same process. Then I assign a different color to the parts that do match and go by process of elimination. Sometimes it's a user input error, sometimes there are empty holes that are in the profile but no bolts on top of holes with bolts.

I dont know why ASD sometimes creates parts that are mismatched. I havent been using ASD long but I have been aggressively trying to learn the program. A month ago I had my basic structure modeled in and have been learning what the program is and is not capable of. I have spent the past week or so trying to perfect my template, BOM and creating shop drawings. This is the way I have learned how to solve this problem so far.

Contributor
derrick.lambrecht
Message 5 of 5 (204 Views)

04-12-2013 01:59 PM in reply to: Delvin.Ramassami

The box ticked as specified. I have found that if i manually input the name as specified below it will work.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community