AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identical parts with different postitions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
derrick.lambrecht
505 Views, 4 Replies

Identical parts with different postitions

Please find the attached pdf for example. I am finding that a lot of parts that are identical but yet they are being given a different postition(s). Is there a way to change the postitions identity? Or is there a way to prevent this so i can minimize the number of parts that have to be detailed?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: derrick.lambrecht

Yes when autoposition :- In the additional tab Ensure that identify Identical part is TICKED

See annex snapshoot ..

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It only says "identify parts", not "identify identical parts".

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: derrick.lambrecht

The best solution I have found to identify mismatched parts is to use the "manual" positioning. I select the parts that SHOULD be identical and then click on "assign position" in lieu of "autoposition". If the parts are NOT identical, then I start matching up the parts that are identical using the same process. Then I assign a different color to the parts that do match and go by process of elimination. Sometimes it's a user input error, sometimes there are empty holes that are in the profile but no bolts on top of holes with bolts.

I dont know why ASD sometimes creates parts that are mismatched. I havent been using ASD long but I have been aggressively trying to learn the program. A month ago I had my basic structure modeled in and have been learning what the program is and is not capable of. I have spent the past week or so trying to perfect my template, BOM and creating shop drawings. This is the way I have learned how to solve this problem so far.

Message 5 of 5
derrick.lambrecht
in reply to: Anonymous

The box ticked as specified. I have found that if i manually input the name as specified below it will work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips