AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export AutoCAD Structural Detailing to AutoCAD?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
ruipfbarreiros
15820 Views, 13 Replies

How to export AutoCAD Structural Detailing to AutoCAD?

Hi,

Is there any way to export my autocad structural detailing layouts to autocad, so that I can further edit the drawings and make them accessible to other people that do not use ASD?

Thanks

---------------------------------------

Using Building Design Suite 2019
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
HulelaG
in reply to: ruipfbarreiros

Yes, there's a way ti share you Structure with other packages (Inventor, AutoCAD and others)

the Only problem to it is there's no Direct link like it works with Xref! it would be nice if that was possible.

Procedure:

Go to tools on ASD, and select save as ACIS SOLID Model,

Give the file name you wish to save as,

Select Object you want exported to Solid CAD,

you can now open the drawing in AutoCAD.

should you wish to continue for Inventor and other Pack like Solid Edge,

Open the Drawin in AutoCAD and Zoom Extent.

type in the command line ACISOUT to save as sat. file.

and give it a file name.

you are done.

you can now  import your drawing from other packages as .sat file?

Message 3 of 14

that's a very good start thank you!

the only thing is that that command only exports 3d solids, so other elements such as workframes, views or even layouts aren't exported. could they be exported by any means?

i can't understand why it is so difficult to do this simple exportation, considering that the company who makes these programs (ASD and Autocad) is the same...

Again, thank you for your contribution

---------------------------------------

Using Building Design Suite 2019
Message 4 of 14
HulelaG

ASD and AUTOCAD should be interoperable, I hope AutoDesk is looking into writing something like that!

I have same issue with losing the properties.

Only when you export to robot and Revit Structure you will get those properties but notas Solid Models.

you literaly have to tag them as Blocks, that's more work .

As a wish list

I would like 2013 to accept ASD Xref in AutoCAD  and Plant3d instead of having to export to SAT.

What I experienced is when you xref ASD to AutoCAD plant, save and restart, you only see wireframes no properties of steel.

Message 5 of 14

When you generate your automatic drawings you can choose to save the layouts to individual dwg files.

When you run off your Automatic drawings, in the dialog that appears, open the options tab, under saving options check the Generate Files Checkbox and specify the location you wish to save the layouts. Then generate the drawings.

Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 14
abcconst
in reply to: HulelaG

worked at treat,

thanks

abcconst
Message 7 of 14
Ludovic73

Hello,

I don't have english release of the product but I will try to translate to explain some export options.

You can also save drawings by the object gestionnaire on the "print" panel :  right clic on you're drawing to export => save printout.

See on "save_print" screenshot.

When you create you're drawings : see on "block_option" screeshot

- if you had view with the fonction : add to current print out => in the export you will have the views on object and paper space.

- if you had view with the fonction : add like block to current printout => in the export you will have views only on paper space.

You have the same things during the automatic drawings, if you active "insert projection on printout" (save_print2.jpg screecapture) .

I hope it will help

Message 8 of 14
denkenjiro

when i try to insert robot file to autocad structural detailing program message me library not register.

so i try to delete registry in regedit but no file to delete how can i sold it.

Message 9 of 14
denkenjiro

when i try to insert robot file to autocad structural detailing program message me library not register.

so i try to delete registry in regedit but no file to delete how can i sold it.

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 14
doncollino

when i export for asd to autocad, i see only a plan view, i cannot see side elevations. how do i fix this

Message 11 of 14

Was it export of the singular drawing or model by ACIS procedure path?

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 12 of 14
gscob01

Hi all

when I save the layout as a .dwg and open it in true view and take a dim it only measures at the scale for example 200mm@ 1:10 works out at 20 how do I fix it to measurer the true dim?

chippy-g
Message 13 of 14

I tried using "ACISOUT" in command line but, after selection of item error message comes, as shown in attached screen -shot.

NAE
Tags (1)
Message 14 of 14
Ludovic73
in reply to: narendraarya

What objects have you selected ? On you screen shot I read 2 object selected. Maybe the selected objects can't be export as it's write in the commande line.

Try with to select the full model, and use "ACISOUT" to see if it's work...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips