AutoCAD Structural Detailing General

Valued Contributor
tedmail
Message 1 of 3 (438 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hollow User Profiles?

438 Views, 2 Replies
07-28-2011 08:46 AM

I can't seem to make a hollow user profile.  I'm trying to make profiles for Architectural tubing (as some is being used as structural in some railing applications quite often).  So if there was HSRO with sizes under 1.66 OD, I would be good, but it doesn't cover the sizes doen to 3/4" and such.  I wouldn't mind appending to that database, being it belongs there, but I can't figure out how to modify databases either.  In fact, my user database is full of crap from me learning it and I can't delete them.  And if you make a user profile wrong, you are stuck with it at that name from what I have found.

So anyone have any ideas on how to make a hollow profile or edit existing profile databases?

Thanks in advance!

Ted

Valued Contributor
Priitl220
Message 2 of 3 (435 Views)

Re: Hollow User Profiles?

07-28-2011 11:04 AM in reply to: tedmail

You can define any profile you want by using "region". Create two regions and "subtract" inner region from the outer region. (see pic)

tedmail
Message 3 of 3 (401 Views)

Re: Hollow User Profiles?

08-01-2011 08:22 AM in reply to: Priitl220

I still need to edit the database, because now when I replcae this profile with the old one, I have to rename this one something wrong.

Thanks, though!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community