AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole/Slot Combo

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
markhubrich
536 Views, 0 Replies

Hole/Slot Combo

Does anyone know if there is a feature I'm missing somewhere that will allow me to combine slots with holes for a connection type? 

Mant times I need a slot in one part and a hole in the other. Rather than put a hole in one part. Put a slot in the other part. Then use the bolt command. If it were 2 holes in the 2 parts I could drill them both at the same time with automatic bolt inserted. Not the case here...  Plus it would be nice if the macro connections let me have a "Hanger" type parametric. I'm working on a catwalk system and this is tedius to change all my hanger points to vertical slot (conn. on right) as opposed to my origonal connection on the left. Unfortunatly for me nobody can tell me for sure how much the roof is going to deflect. Some of my main roof beams have up to 2 3/4" camber. It's also unfortunate that this catwalk system has to be dropped into the area via tower crane before the roof steel is installed. Those vertical slots are only for erection. It's all getting field welded.

slothole.JPG

...and fix the kiss export issues.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips