AutoCAD Structural Detailing General

Distinguished Contributor
markhubrich
Message 1 of 3 (234 Views)

Feature Request

234 Views, 2 Replies
01-23-2014 06:02 AM

Is there a particular place to post feature request and improvement wishes? I'm generating quite a list. I don't see a catagory in the "Ideas" site for ASD.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (204 Views)

Re: Feature Request

01-25-2014 02:20 PM in reply to: markhubrich
AUGI.com hosts wishlists for AutoCAD: membership is free.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Distinguished Contributor
markhubrich
Message 3 of 3 (153 Views)

Re: Feature Request

01-31-2014 01:55 PM in reply to: markhubrich

here we go...Not everything that crossed my mind but it's a start...

Rolled plates

I currently cheat to roll plates by making a custom profile like flat bar but wide like sheet. Then use the "bent profiles".

Fix Grating bill of materials issues.

I posted elswhere on this forum about this. If the grate is 12x12 and it is rotated about the Z axis, it doesn't represent the length correctly. 

Utility to add custom material Grades

I get by doing some hacking in xml files but it shouldn't be like that.

Add functionallity to the bent profiles by allowing the use of a 3Dpoly or Spline. 

Function to assign profile start rotation angle and end rotation angle would be nice. 

Add more fastener types

Expansion and Wedge anchor selection. I am currently putting a round bar in place to keep track of them.

edit:

IFC export

Most other steel drafting packages can provide navisworks with an IFC file. For what? More member info. eg.. Part Mark, Part Type, Weights, Sequencing info, Status info, mainly for me Part Marks. When I'm coordinating with other trades, they don't have a reference to what part they have issues with.  

to be continued...

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community