AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error opening a file in Autocad structure design

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Subje
1447 Views, 4 Replies

Fatal error opening a file in Autocad structure design

Hi,

Sorry about my english, i m dutch normally. So first i gonna explain the situation. I draw elements on Autocad LT 2013. This is always in a template dwg with our standard blocks or settings. When i m finished, element is ready, custom properties is adjusted. i use around 200-300 dynamic blocks in that drawing. layout is a dynamic block to.

Then the second step is drawing the reinforcement by my colleague in AUTOCAD STRUCTURE DESIGN 2013. But every time she opens a drawing she gets a fatal error. (the one showed in the pdf). we also did some experiments like purging audit. copying everything to a brand new dwg. remaking the blocks. so you can say i lost quite some time on it. but nothing works and it seem to get worses the more advanced our drawings becomes (blocks etc.). it has also something to do with luck. Like 1 of the 4 times we can open the same drawing and 3 of 4 times we get a fatal error. i also noticed if we zoom out or in a clean area ( with no lines or other objects) we get more luck that she can open that drawing. the reinforcement that she draws (in ASD) is showed as proxy objects in LT. 

Anyone some opinions or solutions cause it really getting on my nerve and i m losing lot of time 'cause it.

We don't have errors in Autocad LT, Autocad architecture or AutoCAD.

we already did a recovery in ASD but without errors.

greets Dieter

I started in LT forum but i will continue here now. reply here pls.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/Fatal-error-opening-a-LT-file-in-Autocad-structure-design/m...

__________________________________________________________________________________
There isn't anything you can't to do if you keep believing.

Met vriendelijk groeten, With best regards,
Sincères salutations,

Dieter Bevernage
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Subje
in reply to: Subje

no one has a opinion or something i need to check? Would be great if it was solved. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Sincères salutations,

Dieter Bevernage
Message 3 of 5
pendean

62 folks looked at your post, saw no DWG to try, and move on most likely.
Post a DWG file that you are having a problem with.
Message 4 of 5
Subje
in reply to: pendean

We have a problem with each DWG, here's one. Don't use blocks for own use please.

Sincères salutations,

Dieter Bevernage
Message 5 of 5
cashansa

Good day Sir

I have downloaded the file, and it opened successfully on my machine (W8 – 64).

I have worked with the reinforcement module of ASD, and it does tend to be unstable at times. What I have discovered was to;

1. Create an ASD rebar template.
  2. Before opening the drawing you would to work on, start a new drawing with this template.
  3. Thereafter, copy all the formwork drawings into your rebar layout. It should be stable.

If the rebar detailer works on another ordinary/structural steel drawing on the ASD module, first save and close all drawings, then open your rebar template, and then open the drawing you need to work on. The workspace setting causes the program to crash every so often.

Hope this Helps!

All the best!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips