Commands like Split, Weld, Fit, Cut by Line/polyline should include an option for assembly as whole. This will make it easier to machine assemblies rather than machining assembly parts separately.
The split command should include an option to insert 2 splices (plate profiles at each split end) with an option for Bolts connecting the two splices. These splices should be automatically welded to the split profile / assembly.
• A connection to add splice plates at the Profile / Assembly end is necessary.
• All connections should have a preview option.
Interference detection should include following enhancements:
• A new interference palette
• A new interference window which shows each interference (Only members that cause the interference should be shown). Users will be able to make modifications in this window (like moving, modifying, etc …). This will help in very large structures to understand the cause of the interference.
The bolts command should be enhanced with more options such as
1. Bolt connection modification should be created
2. Option to detect plate dimensions, and insert the bolt connection accordingly, rather than specifying insert point.
3. Bolt connection preview
4. Specifying distance between drill holes must be made more user-friendly
The work frame and profiles should be parametric. If the work frame Is changed the profile location should change automatically.
A help button should be inserted anywhere in the User Interface. This should show help content related to AutoCAD Structural detailing and not AutoCAD.