AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying added objects to groups

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cuervogold
970 Views, 3 Replies

Displaying added objects to groups

Hello,

I am new to ASD and I've run into problems adding new objects to a current group that I am displaying as blocks in my sheets. From what I understand, if I want to create/dimension a layout of an assembly I first need to assign all relevant objects to a group, annotate that group in the Edition Layouts tab, and then add as a block to a sheet. I know about the automatic drawings function, but the construction sheet gets cluttered with dimensions and such and I generally like to customize the appearance anyway. So, after I add members to my model, how do I have them show up in the blocks in my sheets so that I can annotate them? Like, do I need to create a new Group with the added objects and start all over with the annotation?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tedmail
in reply to: cuervogold

While in model space, you should be able to select the group (or assembly) in the dialog box.  Then right click (hovering over the selected group/assembly) and select "add to group".  Then select the items (tags of assemblies/groups, objects themselves, etc...) you wish to add in the model space window.  Then hit enter/rightclick/spacebar out of the command and the should be added.

Note:  Groups show 3D Solids, while assemblies will not.  Also, when selecting the tag, it wont select the Solids associated with that group, so you will have to select those with every group you wish to add them to.

Hope that helps,

Ted

Message 3 of 4
cuervogold
in reply to: tedmail

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. Through my troubleshooting process I've created a number of groups in the Positions tab within in the Object Inspector and they don't seem to be deletable nor ungrouped. Do you have any suggestion regarding groups in the Positions tab?

Message 4 of 4
tedmail
in reply to: cuervogold

I would delete as much drawings and layers as possible, purge, audit, save, then try adding back what you needed.  But I'm not exactly sure I have your situation understood correctly...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips