AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOWNLOADING ASD Student Version

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
u1047588
11541 Views, 11 Replies

DOWNLOADING ASD Student Version

Any one who can give me a direction to atke if I want to download the student version of AutoCAD Structural Detailing. I have been trying to do this but I am just going round the circle.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: u1047588

Hi u1047588,

By your statement below did you mean you want the steps on how to download the Product from Education Community Site? If so, you just need to register for an account if you don't have one yet. Once registered, log in and click on "Free Software".

However, did try downloading and you encountered an error, please reply back with more  details on the error message and a screenshot as well so I can troubleshoot further. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 12
kangchin91

I have an educational account and there are so many products to download, except AutoCAD Structural Detailing (ASD). Why is it not included in http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software ? =(

Message 4 of 12
philip.s
in reply to: kangchin91

Hello Tan Kang!

Unfortunately not all Autodesk products are offered in the Education Community for a variety of reasons and this just happens to be one of those that's not included. 

Apologies as that's probably not what you wanted to hear, but please let us know if you have nay additional questions, concerns, or issues. 

Message 5 of 12
kangchin91

it's ok. in fact i really appreciate Autodesk's effort in giving us students the oppurtunity to explore so many software at no cost. Thanks alot.

Philip, my issues are that i'm modelling steel framing structure in Revit, and i'll like to model the steel connections too. i couldn't find such feature (steel connection) in Revit. My solutions are:
i) install the extension (but my student ID is not on active subscription. even if it is, the steel connection in the extension only has beam-to-column-end-plate and column-base only. it's not comprehensive enough.)
ii) export revit to ASD (but ASD is not up for students download)

Is there any other solution?

Thanks alot.

Message 6 of 12
philip.s
in reply to: kangchin91

Sure thing!

What about Revit Structure? If not, maybe check in the Revit forum for potential suggestions? 

Message 7 of 12
kangchin91

Similar to Revit, Revit Structure only have beam-column end plate and column base plate connection detailing (available through extension downloadable by active subscripter), and just that.

Any other form of steel connection, such as splice, haunch and rib can only be found in ASD.

Really wish Autodesk fully integrate ASD into Revit Structure in the future, or make ASD free for students 😄 😄 😄

So much thanks.

Message 8 of 12
mimarsultan

Thanks for all opportunity autodesk has provided for students.we Love autodesk.i agree with what mentioned in this topic.i searched about Thé ASD and i think it Would be very helpfull in my lessons.so i am also one of students fan of autodesk Who wants ASD thanks again
Message 9 of 12
Jianna

I don't know if they have it available for student download anymore. Go with Advance Steel, They definitely have a student version and it's way better than Structural Detailing anyway.

Message 10 of 12
mimarsultan

Thank yok i Will try it
Message 11 of 12
yaroslav.nazim
in reply to: philip.s

The link http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/all available Building Design Suite Ultimate

There is specified that among included products have AutoCAD Structural Detailing.
However, at installation ASD is not available. How can I download ASD for students and educators?

Message 12 of 12
amollkalyankar

please send link asd

@u1047588wrote:

Any one who can give me a direction to atke if I want to download the student version of AutoCAD Structural Detailing. I have been trying to do this but I am just going round the circle.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips