AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating profile of my desired size and shape like RHS 1200*500*25 in ASD

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
shafin_42
3874 Views, 11 Replies

Creating profile of my desired size and shape like RHS 1200*500*25 in ASD

Hi,

I need to create some profiles which are not in the given profile list of ASD, such as, RHS 1200*500*25, W 600*300*25 etc . Is that possible? If so, how? If i use my defined sections, then woyld there be any problem in assigning the joints/connections in ASD?

I really need some quick suggestions.

Regards,

S. M. Shafin Hasan

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
zcsillag
in reply to: shafin_42

Make Region and save User Sections

RHS1200x500.PNG

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 3 of 12
shafin_42
in reply to: zcsillag

It worked, thanks a lot zcsillag.

How can I solve the problems in assigning the connections? For almost all connections with RHS sections, it says, "Selected profiles does not meet criteria of this type of connection". Is there any way to create user defined connections?

Message 4 of 12
zcsillag

conn1.PNGconn2.PNG

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 5 of 12
lucis29

@shafin_42 wrote:

It worked, thanks a lot zcsillag.

How can I solve the problems in assigning the connections? For almost all connections with RHS sections, it says, "Selected profiles does not meet criteria of this type of connection". Is there any way to create user defined connections?

ASD can't create custom connections. The most you can do is to "modify" an automatic connection.

Message 6 of 12
shafin_42

Hi,

I have noticed that mass and thickness tf is zero in profile properties. I have attached an image regarding the issue. Is there any way to add mass or thickness to profile?

Regards,

S. M. Shafin Hasan

Message 7 of 12
Tony_Gibbs

Yes you can do this easily if you know how to edit the xml file that holds the catalogue entry you made for the rhs

tonyp

Message 8 of 12
shafin_42
in reply to: Tony_Gibbs

I have found the profile database in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Structural\Common Data\2012\Data\Prof\ Aiscpro.xml, but after openning that file, I couldnt find the profile I assigned and saved as user profile in AISC database. Can you help where/how can I find that database?

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Message 9 of 12
aaron_simpson

I'm using windows 7 and here is where I found the information on user sections after I made them:

C:\Users\"User Name"\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Structural\Common Data\2013\"DATABASE NAME"PRO.XML

Message 10 of 12
Tony_Gibbs

I use a program called "XML Notepad" to edit my XML files

My user sections are saved to a file called 

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Structural\CommonData\2013\RUSERPRO.XML.

You will have to look through the profiles you have created to find the right one.

Notice in the attachment  there is a RED DOT entry for "MASS" just enter the weight here and so on

I hope this helps. If not let me know the details of the section you need to create and I will send you an XML file

Regards

Tony 

Message 11 of 12
Tony_Gibbs
in reply to: Tony_Gibbs

Forgot to add attachment

Message 12 of 12
MrLee710

I use Win XP, where i can find that. help me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips