AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a knee barce in ASD 2012

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
EddieOBrien4224
1768 Views, 1 Reply

Creating a knee barce in ASD 2012

Hi there,

I was hoping someone may be able to help me to create a knee brace say to be used as a pipe support.

The arrangement is along the lines of using an existing UC (H Section) as a column. I am then attaching a horizontal member *200 PFC (Channel section) say about 1000mm LG to the flange of the column using a web side plate (shear plate). To support the  horizontal member I am trying to fit a strut (say 75x75x6 EA (angle section) ) at 45 degrees, to support the horitontal member off the column.

I have spent hours and hours trying to find a way in ASD...any ideas or direction?

regrads

Eddie O'Brien

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Well

the brains trust has failed me........however I have worked it out myself

I drew two columns and brace line between each column, with a horizontal member between the column (strut).

I then used the bracing command.....using the strut as a vertical limitation. Now I had a single brace beetwn one column and the strut. I then selected each of the columns that I drew and "hid" them.

This gives me a knee brace off an "existing" column to support my pipework.

Eddie O'Brien

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips