AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying welds?ructu

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
stanislove
423 Views, 0 Replies

Copying welds?ructu

Hello!

Is it possible to copy welds effectively? The way ASD copies welds is simply sick!

When i copy 2 welds, there are two welds put in the same place. One on top of the other, so you can't really see it. When I copy 5 welds at one time - I get 5 welds each one put on the other. At this time copying of welds in ASD 2010 is completely useless.

Is there any effective way of copying plate with welds without copying the objects that are welded to the plate?

When I, for example copy a plate that is welded to a beam and try to copy the plate with the weld the beam is copied as well. I think that this issue is caused by completely wrongly defined welds by the programmers of Autodesk, as welds are not a considered as a separate object but they are rather considered as a bond between two elements that always have to stay together.

Is it possible to copy single element with a weld and without the other element that is welded to it?

Thank you for your time.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips