AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Modelling

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
if.franco1139
561 Views, 2 Replies

Connection Modelling

Good morning. I'm currently trying to integrate my designs from Robot Structural Analysis into Autocad Structural Detailing.

As many steel structural designers know, almost every single structure must have braces, whether they are X shaped or V shaped or whatever, they are completely necessary for structural stability issues. Also these braces are not always double angles, sometimes they are double channels, IPE or HEA sections, hollow structural sections, etc; and most of all, industrial designers demand all bolted connections. I have found that this issue is not supported on Autocad Structural Detailing, and the options it gives for bracing connections are completely limited.

My question regards the creation of such connections with ASD, specially the following to be specific:

Gusset Bolted.JPG

Gusset Bolted Channel.JPG

Is it even possible?

Ivan Franco
Civil Engineer
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

It's absolutely possible manually designing all the pieces of the joint otherwise you can use the bracing marco command and edit the result to obtain your bracing model.

Greetings at all

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 3 of 3
tpham2001
in reply to: if.franco1139

WT... I tried using WT instead of double angles and ASD won't let me the option to pick WT even thought I have WT in my list of profiles.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips