AutoCAD Structural Detailing General DIscussion

Active Contributor
if.franco1139
Message 1 of 3 (304 Views)

Connection Modelling

304 Views, 2 Replies
08-28-2013 06:00 AM

Good morning. I'm currently trying to integrate my designs from Robot Structural Analysis into Autocad Structural Detailing.

As many steel structural designers know, almost every single structure must have braces, whether they are X shaped or V shaped or whatever, they are completely necessary for structural stability issues. Also these braces are not always double angles, sometimes they are double channels, IPE or HEA sections, hollow structural sections, etc; and most of all, industrial designers demand all bolted connections. I have found that this issue is not supported on Autocad Structural Detailing, and the options it gives for bracing connections are completely limited.

My question regards the creation of such connections with ASD, specially the following to be specific:

Gusset Bolted.JPG

Gusset Bolted Channel.JPG

Is it even possible?

Ivan Franco
Civil Engineer
Mentor
StefanoPasquini6790
Message 2 of 3 (298 Views)

Re: Connection Modelling

08-28-2013 06:16 AM in reply to: if.franco1139

Hi,

It's absolutely possible manually designing all the pieces of the joint otherwise you can use the bracing marco command and edit the result to obtain your bracing model.

Greetings at all

PasProStudio
Structural + Detailing engineers
Active Contributor
tpham2001
Message 3 of 3 (229 Views)

Re: Connection Modelling

09-04-2013 07:56 AM in reply to: if.franco1139
WT... I tried using WT instead of double angles and ASD won't let me the option to pick WT even thought I have WT in my list of profiles.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community