AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column to Beam Connection

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
GARTHLEECE5233
1175 Views, 4 Replies

Column to Beam Connection

When I pick connection/endplate/column to beam flange, or column to rafter, it tells me to pick the column, then the beam.
OK, done.
Problem, I get the error "selected profiles do not match required criteria"

The column is dead vertical, and the beam is sloped. This was not a problem when adding this connection type when running the tutorial.

Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Try the "frame knee-haunch" connection option. I use this option to connect rafter/beam to column for portal frames.
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the tip. I did find out how to make it work, but it's totally wrong for my needs. In my project the webs of the beams were in line with each other. To get the connection to work, the web of the column has to be perpendicular to the direction of the web of the beam. I'm trying to get a response out of Autodesk as to why they would establish such an inane rule on a connection, but I've got nothing back yet.
Message 4 of 5
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: GARTHLEECE5233

here we are 3 years later

still cant do a connection with the webs inline, only when perpendicular

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 5 of 5

A workaround would be to choose "Knee connection" and when asked for the column - you indicate the beam and when asked for the beam - click the column.

or

Use "End plate beam to column flange" and when asked for the column - indicate the beam and when asked for the beam - click the column.

Here is a short video:

http://www.screencast.com/t/Bm6DlhOSn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips