AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install on current operating system

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Castor63
14297 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot install on current operating system

Why is it after I download this program I try to install it and it says I cannot install on the current operating system? I am running 64 bit and downloaded 32 bit does that matter?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
zalant
in reply to: Castor63

Indeed, the bit version (64 vs. 32) does matter quite a bit.  If you have a 32-bit version of Windows and you (download and) try to install the 64-bit version of an Autodesk product, you can expect to get the message that you cannot install to that operating system.  The same thing usually holds true for trying to install a 32-bit program onto a 64-bit version of Windows.

This latter scenario has an exception, though, when there isn't a 64-bit version of the program available.  For example, installing Civil 3D 2010 (which is only available as a 32-bit application) onto a 64-bit version of Windows will work just fine.

The best practice here is to check and see which version of Windows you're running prior to downloading an installation package from the Autodesk website or from within Subscription Center.  This will save you time by ensuring that what you're downloading is going to work on your system.  If you have Windows Vista or 7, the System applet in the Windows Control Panel will specifically state whether the operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit.  For Windows XP, the System Information dialog will show x64 (on a 64-bit system) but won't state anything about it if you're running 32-bit.

Zac Travis
Message 3 of 6
Exue_kan
in reply to: zalant

hello zac...

Well I know what operationg system I have, windows 7 and I have the the AutoCad Revit Structure Suite 2010..

Now autocad 2010 installs and so does AutoDesk Structure 2010 but AutoDesk Structural Detailing 2010 does not.

it come up with cannot install on current operating system.. why???

is there a problem with  AutoDesk Structural Detailing 2010 and windows 7.

thanks for your time

Message 4 of 6
zalant
in reply to: Exue_kan

Sorry for not answering more promptly.  To answer your question, there isn't so much a problem with AutoCAD Structural Detailing on Windows 7, as there is with that program on a 64-bit version of Windows.  Every other component of the Revit Structure Suite 2010 was 64-bit compatible except for AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2010.  Within the suite, you'll only find a 32-bit version, which will result in the error you're getting if you attempt to install it on a 64-bit system. 

Fear not, however!  If your product is covered by Subscription, then you can download the 64-bit version of AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2010, which was released toward the end of last year (Oct. 2009).  You'll find it in the Download section, under Product Enhancements.  The exact title of the download is AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2010 64-bit.

With the release of the 2011 Revit Structure Suite, all of the components are 64-bit right out of the box.

Zac Travis
Message 5 of 6
esha.goyal
in reply to: Castor63

Hi there...

I am facing the same issue as mentioned above. I can not download Structural Detailing 32 bit software on my laptop.It says can not support the operating system but I am already using AutoCAD 2011 (32 bit) and REVIT structure 32/64 bit on my Machine. As you said that we can go and download Autocad Structure detailing 2011 64 bit which was released last year. But I am trying to locate it under Free downloads for students and its still showing the same AutoCAD structural detailing 32 bit. Can you please post a link for that.

Thanks

Esha

Message 6 of 6
joshua
in reply to: zalant

Can somebody please help me.  I have downloaded the 64 bit version of AutoCad and on the page that says installl products, create deployments, install tools and utilities and read the documentation I press install products and it says 'you cannot install products on the current operating system'

I checked the operating system compatibility and i have windows xp professianal so it should work

Somebody help me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips