AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam/Column Connection

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
benniebadenhorst
1569 Views, 6 Replies

Beam/Column Connection

Hi,

I want to create a beam to column connection. There is identical beams on both sides of the column web. I see that you can create a double sided clip angle connection, but I was looking to create a double sided end plate connection. Is this possible? Any guidance would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Please look at movie here.

It might be a solution but not by one connection and no connection ability is kept for such solution unfortunately.

---------------------------------------------
If this post answer your question please click "Accept as Solution". It will help everyone to find answer more quickly!

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 3 of 7

@benniebadenhorst wrote:

Hi,

I want to create a beam to column connection. There is identical beams on both sides of the column web. I see that you can create a double sided clip angle connection, but I was looking to create a double sided end plate connection. Is this possible? Any guidance would be appreciated.

There is a macro that can do this. It is called "2beams to column web" which does exactly what you wannt. 

@Jakub: Why would someone do that when there is a macro fo that?

Regards.

Message 4 of 7

Thank you. That is why I asked. I couldnt think that they would not have this macro. And all this time I was looking under the wrong group of connections.Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7

True.

My oversight.

Thanks.

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 6 of 7

Does the suggested macro work if the beams are not the same size?

Message 7 of 7
lucis29
in reply to: benniebadenhorst

Yes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips