AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Drawing question #2

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Scrambled
645 Views, 3 Replies

Automatic Drawing question #2

Hi all-

I am trying to understand how the automatic drawings work.  Here is my question--

I have a drawing of a wood stove I am building for my shop.   When I did the drawing, I drew the square side plates out, then used the extrude command to get the 3/8 plate thickness.

So I have the entire stove drawn this way.   Now when I try to use automatic drawings to make the shop drawings, I can not figure out how to add a position to these 3d object I created.

Is there a way around this, or should I just re draw the model, and use the actual Plate command?

thanks

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Delusory
in reply to: Scrambled

from my very little knowledge of the ASD, I understand, that you neet to assign positions to the part, otherwise it won't generate the "documents" (or simply drawings) for parts. To assign possitions you have to have profiles in the Object Inspector. Not sure if you can have just 3D object or they have to be some sort of profiles (taken from the database, not draw by hand).

Another thing you can try to do, is to select everything and then simply Group them and try to make drawing of the group.

Message 3 of 4
Scrambled
in reply to: Delusory

Delusory-

It is just a 3d object that I created.  I thought it would be easy to create the automatic documents, but it is not.   I am going to convert everything to ASD plate just for the practice and see how that goes.

Steve

Message 4 of 4
muleman1
in reply to: Scrambled

use this link, I think you will find it very helpful....http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/asd_steel_manual_eng_2011.pdf

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips