AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly call out on Engineering Drawing.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tpham2001
911 Views, 3 Replies

Assembly call out on Engineering Drawing.

Hi All,

I have drawing with assembly parts c/w assigned position (ie, beam with shear plate on one end and double angle on the other). I generated the engineering drawing, it doesn't show the assembly call out. Just the profile of the components call out. why and how do I fix this?

Thank-you,

Tee

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jianna
in reply to: tpham2001

On the ribbon go to "ASD - Drawings", then under the "Drawings Edition" section you'll find a button that says "Insert assembly label". Hopefully this is what you're looking for.

assembly label.png

Message 3 of 4
tpham2001
in reply to: Jianna

This is what I did and it still does not show the position of the assembly.

Please see attachments. C8x11.5 is an assembly consisting of shear plates at each end. when Insert Assembly Label, I'm presented with a dialog box and I selected what I want but at last, no position (E13020 B 102).

What and where did I go wrong?

Oh, and how do I insert a screen shots or clippings into email body instead of attaching file.

Message 4 of 4
Jianna
in reply to: tpham2001

Below is how to insert a picture. I'm working on some other stuff at the moment, but when I have a spare minute (and if someone else hasn't helped you by then) I'll see what I can do to help you out with the assembly label.

insert pic.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips