AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asign the same position on assembly and it's main part

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
AlexanderTassev
1221 Views, 7 Replies

Asign the same position on assembly and it's main part

Hello, 

I am using Autocad Structural Detailing 2013. Whenever I try to make automatic positions with the option for giving the same name of assemblies and their main parts I get this: Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 2977850eh. I have tried it on several models, on several computers. I have tried copying the model into a brand new file, changing the settings for numbering, changing the family names/prefixes. I even tried to run that option without any prefixes. The result is the same. The problem occurs only when I try to name the assemblies (no problem for the single parts). If I turn it off, everything works fine.Please advice me what else to do.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Any more details about it?

ASD Version? File?

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 3 of 8

I am using the 64-bit version of Autocad Structural Detailing. I have service pack 1. After many attempts I managed to get  positions with random numbers (some of them had 6 digits).Question.png

Message 4 of 8

Identify parts was used for assigning positions process?

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 5 of 8

Yes... I tried again without it and everything looks great. Than you very much!

Message 6 of 8

I supposed that might be the reason.

---------------------------------------------
If this post answer your question please click "Accept as Solution". It will help everyone to find answer more quickly!

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 7 of 8

The thing is that with "Identify parts" turned off I get a different position of each element. I have a lot of similar plates/beams in each of my models. Imagine 200 ribs that have no differences at all with 200 different positions - it is ridiculous. I need to use both options at the same time.

Message 8 of 8

Yes but you can do positioning separately for main parts, plates and sub-parts.

It is not the only way to do positioning in one click operation for such requirements.

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips