AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASD keeping nonexistent parts in dimension drawing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Jianna
851 Views, 4 Replies

ASD keeping nonexistent parts in dimension drawing

In the attached screenshot you can see two dimension drawings. They're both documents attached to bb355A.

The top beam is bb355A_Drawing top view. The lower beam is bb355A_Drawing (1) top view.

The problem is that the plates pd355 are clearly different. The top plate is incorrect and does not exist in my 3D model.

All of my documents and printouts are up to date. I've tried regen, refresh_all_printouts, and refreshalldoc commands.

Unfortunately, the incorrect version was on the fabrication drawing and made it into the shop. This can't happen. The 3D modeling is supposed to fix the need to check every single dimension every time. If ASD is going to be popping in random incorrect pieces, we might as well go back to 2D modeling.

Does anyone know another refresh/regen command I could try? Or does anyone know why it might be sticking this plate in there when it doesn't exist anywhere in the drawing?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
zcsillag
in reply to: Jianna

Can you upload model ?

This never happened to me.

Regards

Csillag Z.

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 3 of 5
Jianna
in reply to: zcsillag

Here is the file. If you have any other questions, let me know.

I really appreciate any insight you can give. Thank you.

Message 4 of 5

I see no problem in your drawing.
The plate pd355 does exist in the drawing. I'v deleted it from the model, updated the drawings and everything was fine.
Message 5 of 5

I'm not sure I understand you. In the model I uploaded, there were (4) pd355. And, of the two documents attached to pd355A (which should show identical parts), one of the plates was wrong even though the documents had been updated.

An obvious fix (once the issue was noticed) would be to delete the plates and redo them. However, fixing it later is not the issue. The issue is that even though all of my documents were updated, an incorrect dimension went to the shop because the dimension drawing didn't show the correct plate and did not show an accurate version of my current 3D model.

If I'm misunderstanding your meaning, let me know.

Autodesk sent me an email, though, to say they're looking into it. It's been reported as a bug and they'll let me know if they find anything.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips