AutoCAD Structural Detailing General

Valued Mentor
Rich.O.3d
Message 1 of 4 (557 Views)

ASD equivalent of Prosteel unlock constraints to stretch

557 Views, 3 Replies
05-22-2012 10:24 PM

In prosteel, you unlock constraints, then you can use stretch to adjust frames, then you relock constraints.

Is there a similar method in ASD

currently when stretching the end of beams, they default to move with amount of the stretch.

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Contributor
StevieWonder
Message 2 of 4 (463 Views)

Re: ASD equivalent of Prosteel unlock constraints to stretch

10-17-2012 12:10 AM in reply to: Rich.O.3d

Hi I have the same problem, I'm actually disappointed that nobody posted a solution as this is a common operation as designs change constantly and If you have to make rapid changes... Re-assigning all end treatments, grating sizes, hand railing etc. Will be sooooo mundane and time consuming!

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

-=StevieWonder=-
"Trust me, I'm a draftsman"
Distinguished Contributor
markhubrich
Message 3 of 4 (448 Views)

10-17-2012 10:07 AM in reply to: StevieWonder

this button right here... 

see attached

Is this what your looking to do?

Contributor
StevieWonder
Message 4 of 4 (434 Views)

10-17-2012 11:04 PM in reply to: Rich.O.3d

Hi thanks for the reply!

Actually no it does not stretch/extend members it also moves them? What I want is for instance a row of secondary beams joining it's main beams e.g. 1000 centers apart and now the the distance changed to 1500 centers apart.

Now, if I move the main beams to 1500 obviously the secondary beams stay put. Instead of having to go thru the long operation of extending each and every beam and re-attaching it's gussets and cleats etc. I thought I could use the normal stretch tool under  home_modify_stretch and select all member incl. the main beam? This is not stretching the members it only moves them.

-=StevieWonder=-
"Trust me, I'm a draftsman"

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community