AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASD and Graitec Advance Steel

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
tony
8445 Views, 23 Replies

ASD and Graitec Advance Steel

Now that Autodesk has bought Advance Steel I think ASD might be on the way to their software graveyard. Does anyone think that Autodesk might offer the subscription users of ASD a good discount on Ad vance Steel. I think they owe that much to their loyal users

<script id="overlay_tmpl" type="text/html">// <div id="<%= overlayId %>" class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>"></div> // </script>
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
DarrenP
in reply to: tony

In the U.S you can't buy ASD by itself you have to buy in Build Design Suite Standard or higher or Plant Design Suite Premium or higher so they probably won't do that here

maybe it will be added in these suites in 2015

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 24
zcsillag
in reply to: DarrenP

So ADSK Team we have Graitec in 2015 suite ?

I don't want to pay subscription for nothing, I better buy Tekla little !!!

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 4 of 24
dkwolek

Hi

Advance Steel 2015 will not be available in Building Design Suite 2015.

Standalone licenses may be purchased when the product becomes available.

Regards

Dariusz Kwolek
Structural Product Manager
AEC Solutions
Message 5 of 24
zcsillag
in reply to: dkwolek

Nice... we pay subscription for nothing...

Thx for info !!!

ASD 2008=2015 and ASD XXXX 😛

Regards

Csillag Zoltán

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 6 of 24
iegia

Hi Dariuz, thank you for your information.

Let me remember you one of the reason because I bought Robot Structrural and Autodesk revit structure suite. I think you will understand my disappoint with his new.

"...software is a powerful solution for detailing and creation of fabrication shop drawings for steel and reinforced concrete structures. Use specific modules for fast and efficient generation of steel connections and shop drawings, dynamic concrete models and concrete drawings, and automatic concrete reinforcement definition and concrete shop drawing generation."

"We also wanted to let our customers understand how serious we are about the structural business and the type of investments that we are making. I hope that you better understand where we are taking our product portfolio

A few other things to note: AutoCAD Structural Detailing is Integrated with Revit Structure through the extensions and can also be used a standalone product."

BEAM AND BIM May 06, 2008

Message 7 of 24
elbeiser

On one side buying the concurrence's software is to admit that Autodesk's is not giving the fight.

On the other side is admitting that all the promises given to AutoCAD users about progress and better performance were not "accurate".

The situation now is that the product cannot be bought from Graitec, and local Autodesk resellers are not offering the package yet.

And at last all the clients who believed on bold promises about Revit Structure and ASD are framed again and again for paying year renewal that is worth of nothing.

“You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”

A coherent and serious proposal should have come from you together with news of the purchase.

You are damaging your veteran and loyal clients

Message 8 of 24
tony

As a very dissapointed EX ASD user I now enjoy using Advance Steel supplied to me by an independant distributor who gives me excellent service. Autodesk can't match that type of service. It's called old fashioned service. Unfortunately Autodesk took the path. "take your money and run" I just hope my current supplier doesn't turn into one of these faceless companies like Autodesk creates from its suppliers. Letsa see how long before Autodesk can stuff up this really good product

Regards

One of Autodesk's many thousands of disssapointed users

Message 9 of 24
tony

Hi  Dariusz

I wish I could believe you but unfortunately Autodesk puts the dollar before the cutomers needs. You will see soon enough.

Message 10 of 24
MDadmin

We just bought 15 seats of Plant Design Premium last week and to find this out now is very unfortunate. 

Andrew Castille
Message 11 of 24
Arun_Kumar_K

Disappointment with Autodesk software not only in India, it is throughout the world seems.

Sure, one day Adsk will be like BlackBerry, not that day is very far.
Message 12 of 24
User-pro
in reply to: MDadmin

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing again regarding the different feedbacks about Graitec.

Our company  has  equally been client of Graitec for many year.   

However, our main concern with this company is that they do not provide after-sales service when  their software encounters failure problems.

It is obvious that  such an important IT solutions  supplier,  like Graitec claims to be,  should be able to respond to any problem  related to its products.

Message 13 of 24
User-pro

Hello,

I am writing again regarding the different feedbacks about Graitec.

Our company  has  equally been client of Graitec for many year.   

However, our main concern with this company is that they do not provide after-sales service when  their software encounters failure problems.

It is obvious that  such an important IT solutions  supplier,  like Graitec claims to be,  should be able to respond to any problem  related to its products.

Message 14 of 24
charlv

Hi Daruisz,

Do you know if Advanced Steel and Concrete will be available in the BDS 2016?

Many thanks.

Charl

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: charlv

from autodesks website

Note: Autodesk has no plans on adding Autodesk Advance Steel to any of our Suites products in the future

got from here: http://www.autodesk.com/products/advance-steel/buy

Message 16 of 24
jimmyvb
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 17 of 24
charlv
in reply to: jimmyvb

Thank you all.

Message 18 of 24
markhubrich
in reply to: charlv

I am not giving up on this. I will make this my new life ambition to let the world know every time I explode my bill of materials and ruin the data link just so I can correct the length of the grating. 

https://plus.google.com/107002595811156156824/posts/6YpTp9VYmHr  

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 19 of 24
MDadmin
in reply to: markhubrich

I think the best thing is for you to just forget about the thousands of dollars you wasted and buy some new software.  The Advance Steel Package is wonderful.  It will fix all of your problems.  In 2015 I made a plan to move our company from Bentley products to a complete Autodesk solution.  I love their products after I made a presentation to the board and directors I had 17 liscenses Upgraded to the Plant 3D suite it was a complete package.  Needless to say Autodesk's solution to sell me another entire suite with Advance Steel is completely ludacris.  I would just like the support for the software purchased.  After our purchase I have not recieved any calls from our resaler asking if we have any problems.  We have to come up with solutions on our own.  Since our salesman left the only time they ask questions is around their year end for a subsription renewal.   

Andrew Castille
Message 20 of 24
markhubrich

Yes it probably is the best thing to do. I totally feel betrayed though.
...and fix the kiss export issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips