AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16
tony
2235 Views, 15 Replies

ASD 2014

Graitec Advance Steel 2014 is a software program for detailing Structural Steel and it works perfectly. No fatal errors, No crashes, No lagging. And listen to this they actually support their product. The price is very competitive with ASD 2014. It also runs as a stand alone version on a product called Intellicad. I'm switching over as I recon just the time I will lose with this crappy Autodesk product I will pay for my new software.

Have a serious think about it because I don't think Autodesk has any intention of supporting ASD any further. Try this. Reply to any of the autodesk people who attemp to help on this forum and ask all of them a question about the future of ASD. See how many replies you get back. I've been trying to get one of them to give an answer

<script id="overlay_tmpl" type="text/html">// <div id="<%= overlayId %>" class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>"></div> // </script>
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
jenyzosin
in reply to: tony

Hy,

Don't aspect that anyone from ADESk to answer to your problems.

Try any thing else. Is much better.

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line - O.L.
Message 3 of 16
iegia

Graitec SA and Autodesk, Inc. have signed a definitive share purchase agreement allowing Autodesk to acquire Advance Steel and Advance Concrete product lines

It will be a new walking dead? I don´t think so

Now what's ASD future?

Message 4 of 16
DarrenP
in reply to: iegia

@iegia wrote:

Graitec SA and Autodesk, Inc. have signed a definitive share purchase agreement allowing Autodesk to acquire Advance Steel and Advance Concrete product lines

It will be a new walking dead? I don´t think so

Now what's ASD future?

yea i just read this announcement also

only time will tell what will happen to ASD

only Autodesk can say at this point

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 16
talles.projetos
in reply to: DarrenP

Where is source website? This information. Smiley LOL

Thank you.

Message 6 of 16

Message 7 of 16
DarrenP
in reply to: and-adsk001

i got my info from here: http://autodeskcatalog.com/2013/10/02/autodesk-signs-agreement-to-acquire-structural-fabrication-and...

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 16
zcsillag

Hmm.... Graitec ?

Tekla = +++

Here ASD modell + Tekla 😛asd_t.JPGTekla_.JPG

ASD all time crash & bolts bugg :S

Regards

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 9 of 16

I got my news from email.

Here's what I'm really hoping....

Toss ASD into the trash can.

Peel the labels off this newly acuired product which it seems everyone loves.

Paste the ASD label onto it.

Disperse the "new and improved" software to the current paying customers who have lost many hours with ASD.

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 10 of 16
tony
in reply to: markhubrich

Mark

I think you are right about the packaging of Advance steel. They will package it up with one of their building suites and once again force us to buy the package with aoftware we don't want or need. I think Autodesk should have a motto like. THE BIGGER WE GET THE LESS WE CARE. I'ts like too bad for the little guy who just wants a single piece of software.

<script id="overlay_tmpl" type="text/html">// <div id="<%= overlayId %>" class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>"></div> // </script>
Message 11 of 16
tony

The best deal for Advance Steel before Autodesk take over and package it on the 1st November 2013 is avaliable from Beyond 3D Software in Melbourne Australia. Really great people to deal with as well. Ask for Max. Check it out for yourself

Message 12 of 16
FProcp

Any updates if Autodesk will include "Advance Steel" in any of their packages.?

I've watched some Youtube videos about "Advance Steel" and it looks very easy to learn.

Franco
GMT +08:00
Message 13 of 16
duchoabn
in reply to: zcsillag

Dear Pro

Please talk to me When design steel structure, I using ASD OR TEKLA??? ( my opinion: I like ASD than Tekla 😄 )

Please sent to me this file ASD in message 8

my email duchoatla@gmail.com

Thank you very much

Message 14 of 16
DarrenP
in reply to: FProcp

@FProcp wrote:

Any updates if Autodesk will include "Advance Steel" in any of their packages.?

I've watched some Youtube videos about "Advance Steel" and it looks very easy to learn.

this is going to be a separate product with a separate purchase

this does not come with any of the 2015 suites

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 15 of 16
zcsillag
in reply to: DarrenP

W8      2...3...10 years, ADSK need money from subsciption 😛

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 16 of 16
zcsillag
in reply to: duchoabn

when u have Tekla licence ... 10000000 % use Tekla
Regards
Csillag Zoltán

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips