AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASD 2014 Layout Tabs

45 REPLIES 45
SOLVED
Message 1 of 46
markhubrich
3691 Views, 45 Replies

ASD 2014 Layout Tabs

While deleting a Layout Tab I crash with FATAL ERROR. 

WHAT GIVES?!?!?

...and fix the kiss export issues.
45 REPLIES 45
Message 2 of 46
markhubrich
in reply to: markhubrich

It made my file un-usable until I ran the Cleanup Reg App on it. 

This was a file that was started in ASD 2013. It now has a crapload of Layout Tabs I cannot delete and I didn't put them there.

Message 3 of 46
markhubrich

I really hope there is a fix for this.. It seems to duplicate every time I open the file

printouts.JPG

Message 4 of 46
KamikonLK

A have the same problem. 2014 version is un-useable. Any new features, but many new bugs....

Message 5 of 46
markhubrich
in reply to: KamikonLK

I've been running balls out trying to finish a catwalk from hell and haven't seen new features yet. I do notice the same broken stuff that Autodesk will call a new feature when they fix it.

What new features? Seriously I haven't noticed.

I see in the Autocad 2014 Q&A number 2.6 Autodesk lets us know that "The performance of AutoCAD graphics and rendering systems benefits from multiple CPU systems."

Hmm, I didn't know that. It makes sense I guess. More than one is better right? I wonder why they waited till the 2014 release. I don't see it physically happening though. Still only one thread. A very very large one.

What ever happened to the performance video drivers?

Message 6 of 46
sk8or15

I feel your pain.  I just about finished my 1st real project with ASD 2013.  I should have had it finished in a month, but due to all the issues, lagging, crashing, hangups, force closing, strange glitches, dimension style locking, dim scale changing etc. etc. etc,, too many problems to list, I'm now going on over 2 months. There are only about 120 or so simple members in it.  No joke I have a front to back sheet of paper that I had written down all of the problems I've encountered in just ONE DAY!  The software in its current state is unuseable.  I would be faster and more efficient drawing it all in 2D by hand, no joke.  1/2 way through the project is when the majority of the lagging and problems started, but hey, it's a little late now to start over, the project has a deadline.  I see there are Autodesk admins that actually do provide help on this forum, so I guess at the very least I will make a "issues" post so they are aware of these issues.  I had high hopes when I first started playing with the software,  now I'm so angry my blood pressure has increased and I have steam blowing from my ears.  Autodesk, please send out another service pack to fix these issues.

Message 7 of 46

Hi guys, Yes I am having the same problem with layouts duplicating and crashing when you try to delete them, This is the first project I have done in 2014 and it does not look like I am going to be able to finish it. Autodesk you need to do something about this, this is obviously a major problem, People are losing thousands of dollars worth of work because autodesk cant be bothered to upgrade asd as they do with the other programs, You sell this  to us and  you have a responsibility to supply a good product, at the moment it is rubbish, I have been a subscription member of Building suit premium since 2006, I expect better. Also I have noticed that up till 2012 ASD had some upgrades and worked OK but 2013 decreased in reliability and it seems that 2014 is even worse, I am seriously thinking about changing to another product if these problems cant be fixed, Autodesk, This could be a good product if you showed some interest in it. This problem need to be fixed immediately, I will expect a fix from you guys soon, Time is money.

Message 8 of 46

Ho hum. I am running ASD 2014 on the fastest CAD workstation in the world. BOXX 4920 Extreme. The things I can do with my new machine is F'ing amazing. Unless I have more than a dozen members on ASD 2014.

Inventor, 3DsMax, Revit all run smooth with visuals maxed out.

I didn't spare any expense on my workstation. Us guys take our work very serious and mine is mainly my pride to be the best.
C'Mon!! I still have another 25 years before I can retire!! Please don't make me spend those years waiting on the windows hourglass. We are paying customers!!
Message 9 of 46
tony

I have probably put in as much time with ASD as anyone and are disgusted with Autodesk and their lack of commitment and responsibility to its loyal users. This product could be up there with the best of them if they listened to the users and put in the time to fix it. Its not our job to beg Autodesk to fix this. We paid for a product that is suppose to work. I didn't notice on the disk where it said "THIS PRODUCT IS CRAPPY AND DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY". I notice there aren't too many Autodesk contributors on the forum telling us that their product is working fine. I wonder if all the resellers around the world are sleeping at night knowing they are selling this heap of S--T.

Come on Autodesk pull your fingers out and do the right thing

Message 10 of 46
jneal
in reply to: tony

I am experiencing the same "Multiple Layout" issue as well. Its quite the pain in the **** and has corrupted some of my files to the point that they will not even open. I submitted a case with Autodesk to see what they have to say about it...

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 11 of 46
markhubrich
in reply to: jneal

Hotfix PLEASE!!!!!

Message 12 of 46
KamikonLK

I would like to know if autodesk even have any plans to release any hotfixes or SP for ASD.
It looks like the they think ASD is great, and we don't need any fixes or new features.
But keep paying subscripion...

Message 13 of 46

I sent one of my drawing files to autodesk about 3 weeks ago and still now response about the problem. It should not take this long, these guys wrote the program, I believe this problem is a minor one to autodesk but its a major one for us, some little bird told me that they are having copyright problems with Prosteel, Rubbish. Come on auto, we have paid for it ,deliver it working.Smiley Frustrated

Message 14 of 46
tony

Its good to see more ASD users submitting their complaints on this forum. Come all other users start telling Autodesk whats wrong and lets try to get them to fix it. All our drafting time would be a lot more pleasurable. Why aren't some of the autodesk people replying to us about this product. I bet they have been told by the boss not to comment for fear of repercussions.

tony

<script id="overlay_tmpl" type="text/html">// <div id="<%= overlayId %>" class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>"></div> // </script>
Message 15 of 46
markhubrich
in reply to: tony

I did receive a reply about this one and the tech assured me that this is developers top priority followed by a case number. I'm assuming that since this is an extremely severe issue, and there's not a hot fix yet, they can't figure it out. 

This is a serious issue. It is to the point where I'm nearing the end of drawing creation and I save often and as daily names also. I have turned off automatic updates on windows and leave my cad open in fear of multiplying these tabs anyore. I have to guess I probably have upwards of 400 tabs that will crash my ASD if I attempt to delete any.

Also clicking on the model tab is broken too. 

Autodesk don't make us beg!! Throw us a bone please!! In the form of a hotfix.!!

Message 16 of 46
Geoff
in reply to: jneal

Mark and others, Thanks for posting.  I came to the same conclusion, that I probably could have drawn this faster by hand or just with 2D AutoCAD.  After multiple crashes to the nth degree, my drawing is so unstable that I cannot even view the model now.  The issue does seem to be with the layout tabs. Mine systme has also continued to generate mulitiple layout tabs.  I have tried many ways to get to view my other layouts and I always get the same Fatal Error message, then my session disappears.   I have created a case for this, but it sounds like everyone is having the same problem.  I do have 2013 loaded, would it make any difference if I went back to that?  I hadn't used it much prior to the 2014 version.

Geoff

Message 17 of 46

I've got this in the email this morning from Jakub,

"

Before the official fix procedure will be released there is a short time solution for workaround the problem.

1. First of all you need to open the original file on 2013 version of ASD.
  2. Set the SETPBUF variable as 0 and load all the printouts.
  3. Save the file.
  4. Open on v.2014.
If problem appeared on v.2013 after SP2 installation, then I can suggest to back to SP1 version by uninstalling the update from the list at Control Panel/Programs/Programs and features/Installed Updates.
"
Donwnsides:
Need to have both versions installed.
Don't have the original 2013 version (if I had, I wouldn't use 2014)
Not tested yet, don't know if it works.

Message 18 of 46
zcsillag

ADSK ???? where or when hotfix ???

Thx

Csillag Z.

Regards
Csillag Zoltán
Message 19 of 46

Thats great. I already tried to install 2013. That opened up a whole new can of worms. The install failed stating it couldn't roll back the installation. I got my new workstation shortly after 2014 was released and installed that. I didn't see in the release notes where it said "this version of ASD doesn't work"

Message 20 of 46
zcsillag
in reply to: zcsillag

Thank you, Cristian for the info, so it means, ASD will send us each a free SSD to install 2013 version and 2012 version.  2012 version for the option of Recovery

Regards

Csillag

Regards
Csillag Zoltán

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips