AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASD 2013 - Producing a Plan View (General Arrangment) Layout

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
csammons
899 Views, 4 Replies

ASD 2013 - Producing a Plan View (General Arrangment) Layout

What is the procedure for developing a Plan View, with text and dimensions and titles?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tedmail
in reply to: csammons

That's like asking how to use a computer.  A bit too vague of a question.  You first need to create your model if you want automatic drawings to create a "plan view".  If you are asking about a general view, they have what is called a schematic, I beleive.  You can create a top view of any part, group or assembly, however.  Or you can draw out a plan in model space with lines and print that like the old days.

We could offer more help if I knew what stage you were at and where you wanted to end up.

Message 3 of 5
csammons
in reply to: tedmail

My aplogies if I was not making myself clear. I have generated a model, a steel pipe support bridge. I am able to generate shop drawings. I want to create an overall Plan View, with the visible beams and columns labeled. As of now, I can create the plan view using mviews, but I have to place the labels and dimensions in paper space. I wish to use the templates to create a Plan View general arrangement layout.

Message 4 of 5
tedmail

You are after the schematic type drawing template.

Message 5 of 5
jorgeluisgdeaca

just creating a group, then insert it as block into your layout.

See below the attached.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips