AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Structural Detailing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Structural Detailing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASD 2012 weld description styles

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
maronas
955 Views, 5 Replies

ASD 2012 weld description styles

Hello,

is there a way to make weld description style in 2012 version as it was possible in 2011 version? I mean, i want to create my default style with weld hight but no length, and in 2012 default is with weld length, and i have to modify each generated weld descripition manualy, that's really annoying.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jakub.Brozonowicz
in reply to: maronas

There is a possible workaround.

1. Open your default 2011 template. 
  2. Insert a single weld with setting the style which you wanted to have as default for automatic operations.
  3. Save as template and migrate it to 2012 by opening a new job using this template.
  4. In 2012 just try to generate automatic welds which should be like 2011 produced.

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 3 of 6
maronas
in reply to: Jakub.Brozonowicz

Thanks, this workaround helped!

Message 4 of 6
markhubrich

Is there a workaround for those of us that did a fresh install of 2012? Also sometimes, all of the time actually, for welds on pipe or other round stuff, the welds get segmented. This creates a million weld symbols on the detail for each little weld segment. 

Is there any way around this? I find myself just turning off the weld marks and manually creating weld symbols.

Mark

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 5 of 6

There are no other way with fresh 2012 rather.

Only manually inserted welds symbols is reasonable workaround, unfortunately.

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 6 of 6
MarcinDyba1906

hi,

Just type weldmode , and chose 0 for old 2011 and 1 for 2012.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips