AutoCAD Structural Detailing General

dreato
Message 1 of 3 (321 Views)

3D Model drawing

321 Views, 2 Replies
08-27-2009 05:52 AM
Hallo
Who of yours how to know to create a 3d model drawing with ASD Steel. I had found the option to create a schema but this schema is only in one view. I need drawings of my 3d model of all views.
I hope anbody can help me.
Thanks Edited by: dreato on Aug 27, 2009 12:55 PM
Valued Contributor
neil.fernandes
Message 2 of 3 (320 Views)

Re: 3D Model drawing

08-29-2009 10:22 PM in reply to: dreato
Hi Dreato,

I am not sure if I understood you correctly. I believe you have create a steel model and need to create an isometric drawing?

In ASD Steel module. start the group command[Groups panel]. Select all the steel objects you need and press ENTER. Input the name for this group and ENTER. If you did this correctly. In object Inspector, Position Tab you will see the group listed with same name. Select it & right Click and select Attach Documents. You get a new dialog box allowing you to select type of drawings. here you have various options for isometric drawing position and scale.

If you were askin to create a 3D model steel structure, then you need to use commands like workframe, profile, plates, connections, etc...
read the getting started guide that can be downloaded from Autodesk website: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=13111928

Hope this is helpful.
Regards,
NEIL
dreato
Message 3 of 3 (321 Views)

Re: 3D Model drawing

09-02-2009 06:27 AM in reply to: dreato
thank you for your help

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Structural Detailing Category!

The AutoCAD Structural Detailing forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community