Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

raster Image is not visible

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
zrich305
283 Views, 4 Replies

raster Image is not visible

I use a separate layer and color 9 for my raster file backgrounds. This allows me to plot to an HP color printer and get a screened background. With RD2005 if the raster image in color 9 it is not visible on the screen. What gives?
The same settings displayed fine with RD2004.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: zrich305

I believe you are seeing the new better dithering that is available in RD2005. This affects Bitonal images more than other types. In my test, the image didn't disappear totally, but became harder to see. Set IMAGEQUALITY to draft and see if that makes a difference. On Thu, 20 May 2004 12:49:09 GMT, zrich305 wrote: >I use a separate layer and color 9 for my raster file backgrounds. This allows me to plot to an HP color printer and get a screened background. With RD2005 if the raster image in color 9 it is not visible on the screen. What gives? >The same settings displayed fine with RD2004. Phil Daley
Message 3 of 5
mberry

We are having a similar problem with Raster 2005. However we are using color 8. I tried changing the imagequality to draft and it improved it but we have to zoom in very tight to see it properly. Do you know of anything else that can be done.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I have been working on this problem since we first installed 2005. We have not moved over to 2005 because of this. I tried the changes mentioned and the draft mode helped but still does not look as good as it did in 2002. Have you learned anything new since your post? Is there any kind of variable to turn off this new dithering or what ever it is called? Thanks
Daryl
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Setting imagequality to draft seems to fix the problem for me. Although when you are zoomed way out, Autocad doesnt always display solid raster lines. This could depend on your display resolution too. What is the color assigned to the image frame? Try setting it to white or yellow. What is your AutoCAD background color? If not back, set to black. How many colors does your video display handle? If it's only 16 bit, try setting it to 32 or 24 bit (32 mil) display colors. I also noticed that increasing my screen brightness helped too. If cranking up the brightness with the control on the monitor doesnt do the trick, then dig into advanced video properties and see if you have a software controlled brightness (or gamma) setting for the video card drivers. "drstandrich" wrote in message news:3770403.1087921806319.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have been working on this problem since we first installed 2005. We have not moved over to 2005 because of this. I tried the changes mentioned and the draft mode helped but still does not look as good as it did in 2002. Have you learned anything new since your post? Is there any kind of variable to turn off this new dithering or what ever it is called? Thanks > Daryl

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost