Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raster file getting corrupted while using "irubrect"

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tratajczak
1920 Views, 4 Replies

Raster file getting corrupted while using "irubrect"

I am working on a combination raster / dwg file.  I have modified raster / dwg combo files numerous times in the past without issues.

I am resizing the raster image (.tif) to fit into my company's 36x24 standard title block and need to move some things around to get this busy raster to fit into the title block.  As I am trying to clean up the raster a bit (getting rid of specks, unnecessary data that I am redoing in CAD, etc) using the "irubrect" command, inevitably the raster file becomes corrupted.  It always happens in nearly the same manner where portions of the raster appear to have been copied and overlayed on top of each other (see attachments, G is the original and H is the corrupted version after I have tried to work on it).

I don't believe I have ever had this problem before.  I have tried using a previous rev of the raster file (no changes had been made between rev F and rev G), but the same thing happens with the previous rev of the raster.  I have also tried inserting the raster into a different dwg file to see if it is a problem with something being corrupt in the dwg causing the raster to get screwed up.  It doesn't matter which dwg I try to overlay the raster on, it always gets corrupted in the same manner.  I have also tried just opening up a new dwg (acad template), inserting the raster, and editting similarly with "irubrect" - this also eventually results in corruption to the raster.

So it seems like my raster must be corrupt somehow???  Has anyone experienced a similar problem and how did you resolve it?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Tom

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tratajczak
in reply to: tratajczak

BTW - I am running AutoCad and Raster Design 2011, if this is pertinent at all.

Tom

Message 3 of 5
jonnyq67

We also started seeing this problem in 2008 when we switched to using Bentley Autoplant V8 with AutoCAD/Raster design 2008.  We would only see this happen when using the Bentley software with AutoCAD.  We did not have this problem with just AutoCAD/Raster Design, so we figured it had to be a problem with the Bentley software.   We also noticed when the image is corrupted it is permanent and cannot be undone even if the drawing is not saved.  We always erase the image and re-attach a new copy of the image.

We just recently upgraded to AutoCAD/Raster design 2012 and have been having this same problem with or without using the Bentley software package.  See attached example of a drawing this just happened to.

This seems to happen at random times but rather consistently and has happened on multiple drawings.  Has anyone found a solution or reason for this problem?

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 4 of 5
jat_mitchell

try the hotfix that came out.  Go to the upper right corner triangle pulldown.  It has product updates.

Julie Mitchell

Message 5 of 5
jaditto
in reply to: jat_mitchell

Julia,

We are having this same problem. (AutoCAD 2012 SP2 w/ Bently V81).

Can you please elaborate where I can find this hotfix and what it is called. This problem is causing us a fair anount of lost productivity.

You wrote: "Go to the upper right corner triangle pulldown.  It has product updates."

Upper right triangle pulldown in AutoCAD?, on their website?, on this forum page? I'm not sure where you're referencing and I didn't see any hotfix described as a fix for this issue on the AutoDesk Updates & Service Pack page.

Thank you,

Jonathan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost