Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raster Design Vectorization fails with Unhandled Exception 13D0208

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
tcorey
1008 Views, 11 Replies

Raster Design Vectorization fails with Unhandled Exception 13D0208

Only when we try to run vectorization tools. The rest of Raster Design works fine. Anyone had these issues?

Civil 3D 2010, Raster Design 2010.

Complete error is: "Unhandled Exception 13D0208 (Access Violation Reading 0x0008) at address FOA53B8Eh"

On the Command line it says Required application "AeciRibbonUiApi" not unloaded. I have to click OK three or four times to get the warning box to go away. On the last click on the Command line it says "AeciRem" not loaded.

Has anyone seen this? We did a repair install with no help.

Tim Corey

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Ferocity
in reply to: tcorey

hello, I've just registered here to point out at the same problem. It occured when when i was using the polyline follower, when the program asked me to point the direction of vectorization and when i actually pointed it the program crashed. I've sent also many crash report's regarding this problem.

In this post I would also talk about one more problem, in hope Autodesk resolves it.
After making a raster bitonal, and when using polyline follower the program removes the raster underneath the vectorized line(rub removal method), when I finished vectorizing, the program said that it couldn't save the modified bitonal image, and stored it as a temporary file. But after using polyline follower again and again the program failed to save it over and over again.

I was surprised how many errors occured in this years version RD 2010 while using it how much..like 30 min.

Hope these errors will be fixed in a service pack 😄

I will also post in the map 3D section because the app just hangs in some moments... and after clicking somewhere in the command line section it works again flawless.
Message 3 of 12
tcorey

Back to my original post on this topic: We got this user going by totally disabling her Norton AntiVirus. IT doesn't like it, but it works now.

Regarding RD not saving your file, are you sure you're not attaching a file that is in a read-only location like a DVD/CD, or a network location for which you only have read permissions?

Tim Corey

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 4 of 12
lawestbrook

how do you make the tiff file into a bitonal?
when I choose the follow contour it says no bitonal images
HELP anyone know how to do this??????????
thanks
Message 5 of 12
Ferocity

I don't have Norton installed myself, and it crashes me again. And yes, the images aren't read-only, and i ain't on any network.

Today before getting here, i also encountered one more bug, for reasons unknown, the app doesn't recognize the external references as it should.

I am vectorizing a big town, and few people help me on that. Everyone has a part of the city, so i opened their drawing and copied thier work with basepoints etc to mine, but my colleagues rasters and my aren't called the same. So when i copied the content to my(everything without rasters), they were many references from my colleagues that aren't attached in my drawing. But even when i tried to detach them it didn't work, the entries were there, i closed my friends work, refreshed my references...the same again....But after some saves and working around i finally succeded. And then again, after I attached new rasters just to view what i must work on, working around, and trying to detach them because they take up resources, one was detached. The other one not...loool xD. And again after working around a little bit, doing this and that i could detach it.

@the bitonal guy.Im saying this out of my head, but a bitonal image you get by selecting it, going to image->image processing i think-> change density, and then you can choose between bitonal, and some other, but can't remember thier names.

I hope Autodesk will fix this things. Im still surprised how many bugs i found, and it's always some other stupid bug. Note im using Autodesk products a long time, especially the autocad, map, and raster design series. And i ain't a pc newb so that i forgot to check some other factors that could lead to these errors.

No app is perfect, but the app having this many bugs,in this years version is increadible. But the main thing is that they added that new dark and light color and ribbons, wow so cool, but the funcionality is pushed in second place. Ofc autodesk works hard on thier products, and they listen to thier community, but omg, this is full of bugs :D, do something please:/

Sry for my semi-bad english, it's still understandable i think. I don't really bother with grammer so much.

Anyway, see you later noobs
Message 6 of 12
lmcnulty

Our Raster Design users are experiencing the same save errors with tiled tif images and Raster Design 2010. No matter what edit feature you use on a raster image, the file can not be saved. We are anxiously awaiting a patch. In the meantime...our users are modifying the image, saving file to tmp as forced, detaching image, renaming the tmp to tif, reloading the tif image, saving file and exiting drawing file. Intermittantly we would have issues saving modified tif images with Raster Design 2008. Something about monolithic tif images getting too large and being forced to save as tiled format. No matter, the problem was rare, now it happens consistantly. I have been told by suppor that Raster Design developers are working on the issue.
Message 7 of 12
tcorey

If you Audit before attempting to save, you will be able to save.

Tim Corey

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 8 of 12
lmcnulty

In response to Tim Corey's comment about launching an AutocAD "audit" command to fix the problem of a raster image save...I am sorry, I am not understanding your fix. An audit command reports errors in the dwg file and repairs as needed. What does it have to do with the external bitonal tif image. Maybe I did not explain my experience with saving modified bitonal tif images in Raster Design 2010 very well.
Message 9 of 12
tcorey

I have a client who had a similar issue; when saving TIF images using Raster Design, she would get errors. It's been since May, so I don't remember exact errors, but performing Audit before saving made it work. What Audit has to do with an external bitonal tif image, I don't know, but I can tell you that this was the fix for this client. Coincidentally, she is also using bitonal TIF images.

This solution might work for you, too. It only takes a few keystrokes to try it.

Tim Corey

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 10 of 12
LyleHardin

The Audit as mentioned is working for me. Before that I was just getting out of the drawing, renaming the last (or appropriate) tmp file, then opening the drawing again. No need to detach the image. Not a good work around in any case.
I hadn't experienced any of this before 2010, but I admit, I have not used Raster Design very much.
Lyle. Edited by: hardin@cdgengineers.com on Sep 4, 2009 4:59 PM
Message 11 of 12
davestancombe

Just upgraded to AutoCAD Arch 2010 and Raster Design 2010 and now Getting a similar message "Unhandled Exception 13c7820 (Access Violation Reading 0x0008) at address 157D5B8Eh when trying to use any of the editing tools on Raster Design 2010, also not able to save tiff files.

Any new of a patch, all worked fine before I upgraded.

David 😞
Message 12 of 12
lmcnulty

Not sure why the audit command is not working for us. Must be the type of tif image we are working with - not sure. The following commands are my test process. Open drawing with tif image inserted. Modify tif image using Image/Remove/Rectangular region, Run Audit command, allow Audit to fix any errors, Image Save, receive error: "AutoCAD Raster Design was unable to save your file to the name you requested. Your data has been saved to the temporary file [folder directory name]/AEC9E.tmp". As I stated before, this was reported to AutoDESK, they can recreate the error and we are anxiously awaiting a service patch. Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost