Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raster Design 2011 and DGW TrueView 2011

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
joramtieman
2571 Views, 9 Replies

Raster Design 2011 and DGW TrueView 2011

Nice, today is the long anticipated release of Raster Design 2011, but to my amazement there is no DWG TrueView 2011 support?

Why is this AutoDesk?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
lsaapedd
in reply to: joramtieman

Where did you find any info that RD2011 should be released on the 1st? So far it hasn't shown up anywhere. The OE was released, which does me absolutely NO good.

Jerry
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

are they free programs?
Message 4 of 10
joramtieman

I'm sorry, i was referring to the Raster Design 2011 Object Enabler.
We have a lot of users that use DWG True View and its very disappointing to see no support for it from the Raster Design 2011 OE.
Message 5 of 10
GTVic

You can get this to work and even integrate it into the deployment if you are good at modifying MSI files.

Copy the following folder to a computer with DWG TrueView 2011

c:\Program Files\Autodesk\Raster Design 2011 OE

Make the following registry entries:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\DWG TrueView\R8\DWGVIEWR-9001:409\Applications\AeciIb]
"DESCRIPTION"="AeciIb"
"LOADER"="C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\Raster Design 2011 OE\\AeciIb54.dbx"
"LOADCTRLS"=dword:00000009
"AeciRm"="AeciRm"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\DWG TrueView\R8\AdImaging]
"ARD_AAIGrid"="C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\Raster Design 2011 OE\\AeciCodecAAIGrid54.dll"
"ARD_BAIGrid"="C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\Raster Design 2011 OE\\AeciCodecBAIGrid54.dll"
"ARD_DEM"="C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\Raster Design 2011 OE\\AeciCodecDEM54.dll"
"ARD_DOQ"="C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\Raster Design 2011 OE\\AeciCodecDOQ54.dll"
"ARD_DTED"="C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\Raster Design 2011 OE\\AeciCodecDTED54.dll"
"ARD_FAST"="C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\Raster Design 2011 OE\\AeciCodecFAST54.dll"
"ARD_ECW"="C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\Raster Design 2011 OE\\AeciCodecJPEG200054.dll"
"ARD_JPEG2000"="C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\Raster Design 2011 OE\\AeciCodecJPEG200054.dll"
"ARD_MrSID"="C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\Raster Design 2011 OE\\AeciCodecMrSID54.dll"
"ARD_NITF"="C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\Raster Design 2011 OE\\AeciCodecNITF54.dll"
"ARD_QBTIFF"="C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\Raster Design 2011 OE\\AeciCodecQBTiff54.dll"

Message 6 of 10
matself
in reply to: GTVic

Hi!

Has there been any development on this topic?

I have tried transplanting the Raster OE, both 2010 and 2011 to the Trueview environment, but the program still refuses to open ecw-files.

I also note that both ecw and jpeg2000 point to the same dll.

Is this correct?

Message 7 of 10
GTVic
in reply to: matself

Yes, JPEG2000 and ECW are related so the same file is used. The above procedure works, you can paste the above entries into a .REG file and add them to the registry or put them in manuallly but replace \\ with \

Message 8 of 10
matself

Hi!

Thanks for the info and encouragement.

I can now confirm that the suggested method works.

Apparently I made a mistake during the cut/paste of the reg file contents, and gave up too easily.

After another attempt, with greater care, all works as expected.

One would like Autodesk to fix this in the installer as well.

Regards, Mats.E

Message 9 of 10
jason.wilkins
in reply to: GTVic

I copied everything as directed and am still having problems. I also verified that all of the dll files listed are in the correct directory. Is there another step that will help integration? Or is the fact that TrueView was already installed a problem?

Message 10 of 10
GTVic
in reply to: jason.wilkins

@jason.wilkins wrote:

I copied everything as directed and am still having problems. I also verified that all of the dll files listed are in the correct directory. Is there another step that will help integration? Or is the fact that TrueView was already installed a problem?

As noted above, the steps have been tested and independantly verified. The object enabler is an add-on, you have to install the main software (TrueView) before you can add the add-on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost