Did you mean: 

Raster Design 2004 install with AutoCAD 2005

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
lmco_syracuse
669 Views, 6 Replies

Raster Design 2004 install with AutoCAD 2005

Hi All

With AutoCAD 2005 shipping this week, can we install Raster Design 2004 on to AutoCAD 2005?

I have AutoCAD 2004, Beta 2005, and Mech Desktop 2004 DX on a test machine and when I install Raster Design 2004 it loaded on top of Mech Desktop 2004 DX without ever asking what package to install on.

I would like to deploy 2005 ASAP, but I need Raster Design, and Mech Desktop.

Any Idea's

Mike Ostrouch
AutoCAD Support
Lockheed-Martin
Syracuse NY
mike.ostrouch@lmco.com
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: lmco_syracuse

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:49:50 GMT, lmco_syracuse wrote: >Hi All > >With AutoCAD 2005 shipping this week, can we install Raster Design 2004 on to AutoCAD 2005? No. You need Raster Design 2005. Phil Daley
Message 3 of 7

Is there a release date for raster Design 2005, as there is no mention of it on the Autodesk Raster Design web page?

Please Advise
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Typically (and this is just an observation not anything official) the vertical products ship witin 120 days of a new release of AutoCAD. -- Tracy W. Lincoln Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator http://www.autodesk.com/discussion-announcements "lmco_syracuse" wrote in message news:24884677.1080648955182.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Is there a release date for raster Design 2005, as there is no mention of it on the Autodesk Raster Design web page? > > Please Advise
Message 5 of 7

My rep just told me that April 26 is the RD 2005 release date.

Can we expect any enhancements, or is this release just to work with 2005?

The Raster Design Web page should have this info, but does not.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Raster Design is scheduled to ship at the end of this month and includes several new enhancements in addition to being able to work with AutoCAD 2005.

The most significant enhancement is the updated image engine which now allows support of different types of raster data including DEM and satellite imagery. In addition to being able to support new raster file formats including JPEG2000 and DOQs, the user is now also able to analyze their raster data in creative ways. For example, a DEM file can be elevation banded or analyzed for slope direction to make better decisions regarding site suitability. Satellite imagery for Landsat or IKONOS can be also be viewed and analyzed

The Autodesk Raster Design website will be updated with all the new functionality as we get closer to the release date. So stay tuned.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

WOW! I'm looking froward to this now. "mmathai54" wrote in message news:9945268.1081880841399.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > Raster Design is scheduled to ship at the end of this month and includes several new enhancements in addition to being able to work with AutoCAD 2005. > > The most significant enhancement is the updated image engine which now allows support of different types of raster data including DEM and satellite imagery. In addition to being able to support new raster file formats including JPEG2000 and DOQs, the user is now also able to analyze their raster data in creative ways. For example, a DEM file can be elevation banded or analyzed for slope direction to make better decisions regarding site suitability. Satellite imagery for Landsat or IKONOS can be also be viewed and analyzed > > The Autodesk Raster Design website will be updated with all the new functionality as we get closer to the release date. So stay tuned.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost