Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RD 2004 Network Install w/ LDD/CD 2004

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
307 Views, 3 Replies

RD 2004 Network Install w/ LDD/CD 2004

Using network deployments of Land Desktop 2004, Civil Design 2004 and Raster Design 2004 I am having trouble getting RD to start. LDD and CD work correctly, but the RD install does not work correctly. In past versions, sycronizing RD was not automatic and required the menu to be loaded manually the first time it was used. This did not work with the RD 2004. We normally run RD from LDD or Land Enabled Map rather than directly from an RD desktop icon. In this install there is no RD icon on the desktop or in the program menu. Only the Borrow License utility was installed in the program menu folder. The network installation log shows a successful installation. I could try manually loading the proper *.arx file to get commands running in LDD, but I would prefer to have the installation work a little more automatic since it will be deployed to 20-25 computers. The computer with the 2004 installs also has the 2003 versions of LDD/CD&RD installed. I have been using the provided batch files to modify the registry settings before running either series of products. Thanks for any help anyone can offer, Brendan
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I should've included that this is on a Windows 2000 Professional SP4 system. The network deployment contained RD SP1. LDD and CD run correctly, but apparently Raster Design does not recognize the installation and fails to bind RD. When running the "Change" installation option from Add/Remove programs an error message is displayed saying that there is not a valid AutoCAD, LLD or Map installation on the current system. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling which did not correct the issue? Anyone have any ideas? "Brendan McKee" wrote in message news:4061d205$1_2@newsprd01... > Using network deployments of Land Desktop 2004, Civil Design 2004 and Raster > Design 2004 I am having trouble getting RD to start. LDD and CD work > correctly, but the RD install does not work correctly. In past versions, > sycronizing RD was not automatic and required the menu to be loaded manually > the first time it was used. This did not work with the RD 2004. > > We normally run RD from LDD or Land Enabled Map rather than directly from an > RD desktop icon. In this install there is no RD icon on the desktop or in > the program menu. Only the Borrow License utility was installed in the > program menu folder. The network installation log shows a successful > installation. > > I could try manually loading the proper *.arx file to get commands running > in LDD, but I would prefer to have the installation work a little more > automatic since it will be deployed to 20-25 computers. > > The computer with the 2004 installs also has the 2003 versions of LDD/CD&RD > installed. I have been using the provided batch files to modify the > registry settings before running either series of products. > > Thanks for any help anyone can offer, > > Brendan > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

From Isaac Rodriguez, answering my post: "If you are using a network deployment of RD2004 to install the application, it may happen that RD2004 has not been correctly binded to LDT. We have a problem in the network installer of RD2004 where if the user unselects some of the desktops available in the Select Features dialog, the installer does not respect the options selected. You can try to create a new deployment accepting all the defaults and not disabling any of the desktops available. That will ensure that every desktop present will be available for binding and your scenario should work. If accepting all the defaults fixes your problem, and you still need to create a deployment that only binds to LDT and Map, let me know, and I will work out something with the support people so that we can fix your problem. Thanks for reding. Isaac Rodriguez ========================== Software Engineer - Raster Design Autodesk. "Brendan McKee" wrote in message news:4061d205$1_2@newsprd01... > Using network deployments of Land Desktop 2004, Civil Design 2004 and Raster > Design 2004 I am having trouble getting RD to start. LDD and CD work > correctly, but the RD install does not work correctly. In past versions, > sycronizing RD was not automatic and required the menu to be loaded manually > the first time it was used. This did not work with the RD 2004. > > We normally run RD from LDD or Land Enabled Map rather than directly from an > RD desktop icon. In this install there is no RD icon on the desktop or in > the program menu. Only the Borrow License utility was installed in the > program menu folder. The network installation log shows a successful > installation. > > I could try manually loading the proper *.arx file to get commands running > in LDD, but I would prefer to have the installation work a little more > automatic since it will be deployed to 20-25 computers. > > The computer with the 2004 installs also has the 2003 versions of LDD/CD&RD > installed. I have been using the provided batch files to modify the > registry settings before running either series of products. > > Thanks for any help anyone can offer, > > Brendan > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks Pat. This is exactly what I found through trial and error. I modified the deployment to remove the silent install option. This yielded the error code during install that there was no valid AutoCAD product installed. Only thing left to try at that point was to turn on all products. Doing that showed LDD as an install option. I installed RD and everything works fine. Strange that the installer would return a successful installation on the earlier tries. I modified the deployment to install in silent mode and it should work ok now. We are only running LDD here so the multiple platform options shouldn't be an issue. Brendan "Pat Trudeau" wrote in message news:40620f10$1_2@newsprd01... > From Isaac Rodriguez, answering my post: > > "If you are using a network deployment of RD2004 to install the application, > it may happen that RD2004 has not been correctly binded to LDT. We have a > problem in the network installer of RD2004 where if the user unselects some > of the desktops available in the Select Features dialog, the installer does > not respect the options selected. You can try to create a new deployment > accepting all the defaults and not disabling any of the desktops available. > That will ensure that every desktop present will be available for binding > and your scenario should work. > > If accepting all the defaults fixes your problem, and you still need to > create a deployment that only binds to LDT and Map, let me know, and I will > work out something with the support people so that we can fix your problem. > > Thanks for reding. > > Isaac Rodriguez > ========================== > Software Engineer - Raster Design > Autodesk. > > "Brendan McKee" wrote in message > news:4061d205$1_2@newsprd01... > > Using network deployments of Land Desktop 2004, Civil Design 2004 and > Raster > > Design 2004 I am having trouble getting RD to start. LDD and CD work > > correctly, but the RD install does not work correctly. In past versions, > > sycronizing RD was not automatic and required the menu to be loaded > manually > > the first time it was used. This did not work with the RD 2004. > > > > We normally run RD from LDD or Land Enabled Map rather than directly from > an > > RD desktop icon. In this install there is no RD icon on the desktop or in > > the program menu. Only the Borrow License utility was installed in the > > program menu folder. The network installation log shows a successful > > installation. > > > > I could try manually loading the proper *.arx file to get commands running > > in LDD, but I would prefer to have the installation work a little more > > automatic since it will be deployed to 20-25 computers. > > > > The computer with the 2004 installs also has the 2003 versions of > LDD/CD&RD > > installed. I have been using the provided batch files to modify the > > registry settings before running either series of products. > > > > Thanks for any help anyone can offer, > > > > Brendan > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost