Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging vector to raster problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
snakerancher
3285 Views, 4 Replies

Merging vector to raster problem

When merging vector back to raster thickness is added to lines and text making some text un-readable.  For example when we remove text from a raster drawing and replace the text with new AutoCAD text we merge the final drawing back to raster.  When doing this Raster Design adds thickness to lines making some letters look smudged.  Like the inside of an "A" filled in so you can't read it.

Does anyone know of a setting to fix this and not add thickness to the letters?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
oswinh
in reply to: snakerancher

Brian,

Hi. I've been having the same/similar problem using AutoCAD 2010 with Raster Design 2010.

A couple of additional aspects:-

1. The problem has been intermittant. I've not had the problem for awhile and thought I'd resolved it, however it appears to have started again.
  2. I've found that the thickness appears to get worse to the point where text, arrows, etc become unreadable and unrecognisable.
  3. I found that specifying the correct scaling factor when inserting the original TIF file into AutoCAD, when using "Insert" and "Raster Image Reference", appears to mostly resolve the problem.

Have you been able to fix the problem yourself or had any feedback with regards to this?

Regards, Hayden

Message 3 of 5
snakerancher

We have no resolution to this other than Autodesk told us to use 2010 products to manipulate raster entities.

If you found a soulution, it would be great if you explained the scaling part more.

Thanks,

Brian

Message 4 of 5
oswinh

Brian,

Hi. With regards to the scaling factor solution, when I Insert a Raster Image (TIF file) into AutoCAD one of the things that can be done at that stage is to specify a scale factor. Our system is set to default to "1", however this can be overridden depending on the scale of the drawing which is being inserted. For example, a drawing (TIF file) which has a scale of 1:480 I would probably insert into AutoCAD with a scale factor of "0.25".

I found that when I did this it appeared to fix the problem with unreadable text, etc. at the time of merging, however the last two days I appear to be back to square one.

Regards, Hayden

Message 5 of 5
MarkIrving1334
in reply to: oswinh

Hello. I've had the same problem recently and found that, after the first raster image insert into a new drawing the scale of the drawing (text sizes etc. were tiny) I scaled the drawing by 25.4 (inches to mm to get it back to a workable scale). My Autocad insertion units was set to inches. I later did a reset to unitless.

With regard to the merge vector line weights, click on the 'Edit' box within 'Raster Tools' and go to 'Raster Pen'. This gives pixel width settings for different colours. The default pen widths on my version was set to 3 pixels. Reduce this value(s) to find the setting you like before hitting the merge button.

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost