Did you mean: 

Insert tiff with white background

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
baxter-45
13935 Views, 4 Replies

Insert tiff with white background

I am using AutoCAD 2010 and Raster design.   When I insert a tiff file sometimes the background come in white. This makes manipulating the tiff impossible.  I work with Raster design every day and this problem comes up periodically.  Is there any way in Raster design to change the white background to the normal black?  If not is there a software that can?    

I appreciate any help anyone can give me.  Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
susanne.frisco
in reply to: baxter-45

In Raster Design GO TO:

Cleanup

invert( select the entire tif)

Next step

Image Processing

change color depth

Bitional

You should now have black background/white graphics for your tiff

Message 3 of 5
baxter-45

Thank you susanne.frisco, that worked beautifully.  Thanks again.Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
kittugs143

Go to Raster Tool go to Insert After Inserting Image Select Process Image Select Change Colour Depth Select Bitonal Then Now go to Clean Up Option Select " INVERT " option { Then Start doing Rastering Work Like Primitives, Followers, Recognize Text etc I Hope this is will be Helpfull for you
Message 5 of 5
richlars
in reply to: kittugs143

This worked beautifully........ while I was working on it.  When I went to print the drawing I am sure glad I did the preview or I would have sucked up a ton of toner.  If I went back and inverted the image back to white background it plotted fine.  Is there a tool out there that converts the image permanently, or so it will default to the black background?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost