Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Unsupported TIFF files!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
forhisownglory
2599 Views, 4 Replies

Help! Unsupported TIFF files!

Help Please!!!  Just upgraded to AutoCAD2012 and Raster Desgin 2012 on my computer from 2006 and the TIFFs that we edit from our client that worked fine in Raster Design 2006 are not working in Raster Design 2012.  It says it is an Unsupported File Format.  See attachment.

Why would these TIFF's be supported in RD2006 and not in RD2012?  Does anyone know a solution to this?  We have to be able to edit our clients TIFF's!!!

Joel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rmacan
in reply to: forhisownglory

Hi Joel,

I'm getting the same error, even though Irfanview reads it, as well as my buddy who's running ArcGIS10.  I'm wondering if the error is due to the fact that it's a geotiff with coordinate system assigned in the header of the tif.
It's messed up that a Raster based package costing as much as it does isn't kept up to date.   Autodesk probably knows about it, but don't hold your breath for it to get fixed with the next version.  Historically, they have been slow at updating Raster Design since they don't appear to have a dedicated team designing for it every day.

Randy

Message 3 of 5
Jtiwari91
in reply to: forhisownglory

There are 3 people in my office related to this issue., including me. All of us have the same version of Autocad Map 2013. two of us are able to open tif files on our computer and attach it in Atucad Map. But in the third persons computer the tiff files are not being recognised and it says the tif files are not supported. We have tried changing the files, using zips to carry the files and also reinstalling his Autocad Map 2013. Has anyone else experianced this and does anyone know a way out.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
jedenton
in reply to: Jtiwari91

This may be too simple, but have you tried changing the file extension to .tif instead of .tiff? Ran into this issue before and it helped.
Message 5 of 5

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I just ran into the same issue and, for my situation, solved it.  When I created an image using ArcGIS's 'Data>Export Data' method, I could not load the resulting image in Raster Design (nor would it appear in the windows explorer side viewer).  However, when I used the Clip tool in ArcGIS, the image was useable in all software packages.  Not sure why, but it worked for me.  Hope this helps someone.

Heath

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost