Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverting Raster images to vector

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bwilson17
1526 Views, 2 Replies

Coverting Raster images to vector

Hi: Im using Raster design with AutoCAD Map 2011. I'm toally new to Raster. I'd like to scan a line drawing map and convert the lines to vectors in AutoCAD. Is this possible? Any direction would be apprectiated. THNX in advance.Man Happy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
edjkirkley
in reply to: bwilson17

Yes, this IS Possible. The thing is;

1. You should familiarize yourself with the, 'IOPTIONS' Command and menu's that go along with it.

2. Be careful and make copies of your raster file Before working on them in case you need to retrieve

any information that may have been deleted.

3. become familiar with the Follower and the REM options,
    (And No, Not REM like in Sleeping mode)...

start there and if can help, drop a line...

TGBO

Message 3 of 3
lezapeza
in reply to: edjkirkley

Not sure what that means . I am brand new to this software and only need this for one reason. I have to try to convert a scanned image of a figure drawing  then convert it to a vector so our viacon software for our plasma cutter can use it to cut the pieces for a sculpture. I would love some step by step instrucions. Remember I am new. I am only familiar with the adobe suite. What I do is scann it as a jpg, then clean it up a bit in photoshop then I bring it inot Ilustratior and do a live trace and save as eps file. but when I bring it into Raster design it does not reconize the file. Please help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost