AutoCAD Raster Design Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Raster Design unable to save file. Data saved to temporary file. Why?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Rastrman
2045 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD Raster Design unable to save file. Data saved to temporary file. Why?

My workstation was recently upgraded to Windows 7 from Windows XP. I am using AutoCAD 2010 with Raster Design 2011. Befiore the upgrade, I had no problems saving, and I used both programs with XP. Now, I receive the following message on every AutoCAD/Raster file I touch after saving: 

AutoCAD Raster Design was unable to save your file to the name requested. Your data has been saved to the temporary file xxxxxxx.tmp.

When I click OK, I get another dialog box, which says "Error writing image"

This is rather annoying. I've looked at other forums and threads, but haven't found a solution. The only workaround was to rename the .tmp to .dwg, and work from that. But if I then decide to edit the raster image of that file again, I'll have to repeat the process. I could also Save As, and re-name the raster file something else. But I should be able to  just overwrite the .tif files I work with.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: Rastrman

This can happen when the image is opened for editing by another program e.g. somebody else has opened it with a Windows image editor to look at it.  Ensure you have permission to edit the image file (not read-only, no peculiar permissions restrictions) and other users don't open it.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 6
Rastrman
in reply to: dgorsman

I have full read/write access. I am able to create new folders, paste files, and save tiff/cal files to that folder. I am able to modify .DWG files and save just fine.  I even tried placing a .tiff on my desktop, modifying it using Acad, tried to save back to my desktop with the same name, and got the same error. I am having this problem with two different projects where raster files are located in two separate areas. All after being upgraded to Win 7. We don't have a strong ACAD/ Raster support person here, so any additional help would be appreciated. Perhaps an ACAD or Raster setting that was overlooked upon reloading to my new PC?

Thanks,

Message 4 of 6
Rastrman

BTW, I am the only person using these tiff files. My co-worker doesn't use raster, and rarely opens these files to view for longer than a few minutes.

Message 5 of 6
dgorsman

There was something else, but we've been trending downwards in raster use for some time, so its escaping me.  I vaguely recall having to change the TIFF settings to Group 4 for some reason or another.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 6
wfberry

Another thing to look at.  I have this problem all the time when I am saving a ".PDF" file.  If I have my cursor highlighting the file in Windows Explorer I get these same messages when "Printing" to a pdf.  So I have to go move cursor to another location.  Works everytime.  Go Figure.  This only started with Windows 7.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost